The Debut Album

"Look at her, she's a star!" Tim exclaimed.
"Atlantic Records wants a fresh face like you, Dana Pavlova. Look at you, even your style screams 'superstar'!" He did the jazz hands as he said superstar.

I just wore some ripped jeans, Balenciaga sneakers, and a half tucked in blouse from Forever 21. Seems like an ordinary teenage girl to me.

"Congratulations, miss Reyes." Tim and every other person in the room said to me while shaking my hands.

"I am so proud of you, Dana! You're signed. Great job!" Amber said to me.

//March 1958//

It's 6am and I'm having a morning jog at the streets of New York in 1958. It's still a bit weird to even think about my time travel situation a month ago. I just went with the flow and see if there MIGHT be a way back to the "future"... If there was one... Buuuut, right now I'm living a great life here. I live at my manager's apartment at Bleecker Street not far from the recording studio we constantly went to for a month now. We've become really close friends lately. Amber really is a sister I never had.

Two days ago, my very own album was done and set to release. All I have to do next is to promote it through actually performing "my" music. Speaking of "my" music, they're not actually mine. To be honest, I was too scared to sing my own written songs that I kinda "borrowed" songs from the future. Don't sue me yet, it's the past for all these people care. I don't think unborn celebrities can sue me, yet. Nevertheless, I think what I'm doing is too illegal.

If you're wondering about the lineup of "borrowed" songs on my album, here it is...

DANA
1. Teenage Dream (Katy Perry)
2. Mean (Taylor Swift)
3. Party In The USA (Miley Cyrus)
4. Sweet Creature (Harry Styles)
5. You Don't Own Me (Lesley Gore)
6. Fix You (Coldplay)

Later, I'll be playing at the streets of New York like I always did back in the... Um, future. I asked Amber for permission to play in the streets, and finally she agreed to let me play nearby the recording studio. I've been dying to perform songs to people again. I had a stressful time actually "choosing" the songs to include in the album considering I had one month to do that. Gosh, Amber actually thought I already had "my own" music prepared. If anybody finds out about my future songs borrowing "stunt", I'll immediately tell them that I'm doing this for research purposes.

I had breakfast at a cafe near the apartment. Amber joined me ten minutes after I entered the cafe. She was busy doing some final adjustments with the crew who'll prepare the instruments outside the studio, as well as reminding my very own newly hired "band" to report today. I'm feeling kinda scared and excited for today. I hope the 50s crowd will like the songs of the future.

//

It's 9am and I am so prepared to play. I'm in the studio being briefed about the songs and all the extra stuff. What I'm about to do later is what they consider as promotion. I hope things go well later.

//

The equipment is set, and the band is ready. I have my acoustic guitar with me.

"Mic check. Mic check. One, two, three." I said to the microphone.

I nodded my head to the band, mind you they're an all ladies band. I'm already strumming the chords, all I have to do is sing...