Last December

"Love it, big sis." Elise gave me a genuine smile.

"Oh so now you appreciate something I just did." I sarcastically said.

Elise laughed, "Actually I don't understand why mom and dad hates the idea of you having a career in music. Like, your voice... To be honest, you're much better than Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, or Sia combined."

"Woah, I'm not even CLOSE to Sia." I told her.

"Your call." She held her hands up.

There was a minute of long silence until Elise broke it.
"So... You locked yourself in your room for almost about..."
Looking at her wristwatch. "... Twelve hours...?"

"I don't want to be seen by the cctv cameras playing guitar downstairs. Mom and dad will KILL ME. Plus, I needed to write music."

"Didn't even sleep?" She pointed out.

"I had my contacts on." I said in defence.

"For twelve hours?"

"No-- wait. That ain't right--" I hesitated.

"I was just joking. Chill dude." She laughed.

"...No, I think I slept with my contacts on."

We both looked at eachother and jokingly made a "scared" woo with matching wavy fingers.

"Can you sing me a Beatles song? I mean, I need a bit of life among the trashy songs of today." Elise asked me out of the blue.

"You do know my taste in music." I giggled as I said it.

"--and men." She added. I made a funny face and nodded in approval.

"They're such dreamboats, maybe next to Zac Efron. Hahaha." We laughed at my statement.

"Ugh, just imagine meeting in real life a young and hot John Lennon. I totally idolise him." Elise fangirled.

I took my guitar from my bed and set it on my lap preparing to play a song. "Well, if you actually met The Beatles what song would you want them to sing to you?"

"Hmm... There's a really wide array of great Beatles songs... What about Here Comes The Sun?" Elise told me.

I started strumming and plucking the chords for the great Beatles song. As the chord for the first lyric approached I sang,

"Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right..."
Both Elise and I smiled.

"Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right
Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here"

I paused and looked at her. "Was it okay?"

Elise's eyes opened wide. "Okay? It was great! Go on!"

I continued.
"Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes

Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
It's all right, it's all right"
I slowly strummed the last few chords as the song ended. As I finished the last note on the guitar, the world around me suddenly went pitch black. The only source of light I saw was the beautiful pink sunset. I can't even hear a thing. Then, a thick snow squall immediately engulfed everything. I looked around and all I see is darkness. I tried to repeatedly close and open my eyes, but all I see is the pink sunset getting blurrier and fainter by the second due to the snowy phenomenon. I closed my eyes really tight as well as covered my ears to maybe make me wake up from this badly surreal nightmarish dream.

Darkness turned into a whirlwind of colours. But, I still had my eyes closed shut. What I'm feeling right now, weightlessness, is too surreal for this situation to be considered a dream. I opened my eyes and uncovered my ears. The bright sun immediately made me cover my eyes with my hands. I gasped at the position I was at right now. I'm sitting on a lightly snowy sidewalk at the heart of New York City surrounded by oddly dressed people; all the ladies are having these weird retro updos and all the men are carrying... briefcases? How. On. Earth. Did. I. Get. Here?? Jeez, It's freezing like I'm in Antarctica here...