Chapter Five-Macon

Hello, Lovelies,

Happy Holidays!  I hope you have a happy holiday season that is blessed with prosperity, love, beauty and health.  I am sorry this is late.  I did suffer death in my family this last week.  I've never been this late with uploads before and I'm not going to make it a habit.  I do hope you understand.  I am slowly catching up.  So, thank you for your patience.  

I hope you like this chapter.  If you do, votes and comments are appreciated.  If you have questions, comment or send me a message.  

-XXX Amanda 

**********

I stared at the closed door, my heart aching to return to her as she whispered to our son a promise I couldn't let her keep. I wouldn't let her keep it because as selfish as it may seem, I couldn't live without her...without my son. I needed them with me.

Her sobs tore through me. I put my hand on the door promising to make up for every tear she shed. A hand on my shoulder, caused me to jump and grab for my gun but it wasn't in the holster. It was a good thing too because when I turned I found John staring at me with eyes that seemed to stare straight into my soul.

He tilted his head toward the living room beckoning me to follow. I walked close behind him until we stepped out a screen door off the kitchen, "Laura and Travis will be ready to leave tonight."

I frowned, "Is Travis her husband?" I asked raising my brows.

"No, he's a friend of Jade's," he said, causing my heart to clench. Jealousy slid through me, causing me to grind my teeth.

"How close of a friend?" I asked watching the man's face closely but he revealed nothing.

"He's quite taken with her," he said, turning from me, "But that's not what we are here to talk about. We are trying to keep everyone safe including my granddaughter and great-grandson."

I swallowed back the jealousy knowing it would return. For now, it sat in the pit of my stomach, churning. I nodded as John continued.

"As I said, anyone of any consequence is protected," he said, raising his brows, "Now, we have to get Jade to go with you."

I winced, "I have a plan," I said, frowning, "But I'm sure she's going to fight me and I'll have to make sure she doesn't run afterwards."

"Then, I would get your men together and make sure they know what to do," he said, raising a brow.

"I will need something from you," I said, ashamed I didn't know the answer, "I need to know how to take care of Noah."

John nodded, "I guess you will need to know that," he said, pointing his chin toward the door, "Call your men and then, I'll go through everything you need to know."

I nodded as relief rushed through me, "Thank you, John."

"Just take care of my granddaughter and great-grandson and we'll call it even," he said, giving me a knowing grin, "When everything is settled make sure I'm still a part of her life."

I nodded, "I can do that."

John moved toward the door, disappearing inside as I took out my phone and called Gaige.

***********

Gaige, Eri, Urban and Abel entered John's house, their expressions were grim. Gaige nodded toward me, letting me know that he had informed the others of the plan.