The Heart Wants What It Wants. [One Sided! Germany x Canada]

THIS HAS NOT BEEN REWRITTEN.
This Oneshot is taken after the song The Heart Wants What It Wants by Selena Gomez. The song is above.

Slight homophobia warning <3

Canada | Male
Germany | Male
~~~

There's a million reasons why I should give you up,

Canada sighed.

What he wanted was so far away from him. He sat in the back of his classroom, daydreaming. The class was given a free period to do whatever they wanted (as the Sub Teacher who was supposed to be teaching decided he didn't want to teach). As a result, Canada decided to pretend to finish his math (it was already done), but actually daydream about himself and a country he had a crush on.

But the heart wants what it wants, (x2)

He knew what he wanted would never ever come true, and that he should stop dreaming while he's ahead. But even though, his heart wanted Russia. But Russia's wanted another.

Canada knew it wasn't normal to like the same sex as yourself. He knew that countries weren't supportive of that. Especially his father. Oh man, if Great Britain found out Canada liked Russia, the poor country would be kicked out of his house, Britain would sever economic ties with Canada, and would also just stop talking to him!

Canada couldn't have his own father hating him.

But even though the Canadian knew it was wrong, and that he was a horrible person for thinking of Russia that way, he couldn't stop.

You got me scattered in pieces, shinin' like stars and screaming,

Who did Russia's heart belong to? Canada's very own sister, America. And to be honest Canada couldn't blame him. America was an astonishingly beautiful woman and everyone saw it: Particularly Russia. He was into femininity, and America had it all.

Canada knew how Russia felt for his sister. He knew how this stuff worked. And he knew that the way Russia looked at America was meant only for her. And when she looked back at her boyfriend- it was like they were the only two in the world. They loved each other.

Canada felt himself staring at the United States of America and Russia. But he couldn't bring his eyes away from the two; not yet.

Light me up like Venis, but then you disappear and make me wait,

It seemed like ages went by when Canada was shaken out of his trance. He looked at whoever saved him and saw none other than Germany peering down at him. "Nada? Du gut? You were staring..." (you good) Germany's brown eyes shined with concern for his friend. After blinking a few times, Canada shook his head and seemed to be alive again. "Yeah... I'm okay. What's going on?" The country asked, rubbing his head. He was trying to seem alright. Trying not to give away how sad he was feeling. It didn't work, not on Germany.

And every second's like torture, Heroin drip, no more so,

"I've been trying to get your attention for a few minutezz now...." Germany started lecturing Canada, but the latter lost focus on what his friend was saying, starting to daydream about him and the country of his dreams once more.

Stupid, Stupid Canada! You know that he will never like you! He doesn't even look your way... It's all your fault. Maybe if you actually knew how to keep up a conversation, or were as pretty as America he would like you... Canada was lost in his head, and he didn't know how to get out.

Finding a way to let go, baby, baby no, I can't escape,

The poor country wasn't aware that he was slightly trembling, but Germany did. He stopped his lecture halfway through and focused on his best friend. "K-Kanada? Are you okay?" He asked, accent showing. The German man tried to follow where Canada was looking. Said country was looking... at the wall?