XV

Bang. Bang. Bang.

I'm going to fucking destroy the person who dares to disrupt me on Sunday at fucking six in the morning.

"Fuck off, I don't need God," I scream assuming it's those Jehovah's Witness freaks that got nothing better to do at this hour.

"Sasha open the fucking door," I instantly jump out of the couch where I crashed last night when I hear him.

What the fuck does he want? "Max leave me the fuck alone, did you get lost or something?" I shout against the door.

"I'm not leaving until you open this door," he says more calmly now.

I realise he's too stubborn and it's easier to just let him in and get this bullshit over with.

We're sitting at the kitchen counter drinking coffee. His shoulders are tense. I feel his anger, it's rolling off of him in powerful waves. A tiny wrong move and he will explode.

His jaw is clenched when he drops a small plastic bag containing white powder on the table and looks at me expectantly.

Fuck. I must have accidentally dropped it when I was staying the night at his place. I strip all emotions off my face and watch him closely.

"Does it look familiar, sweetheart?" I want to hide in my room and cry from the disgusted expression on his face. "Yes," I decide there's no point in lying.

He instantly jumps to his feet and throws his cup of coffee against the tiled wall, shattering it into pieces.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I raise my voice. He starts pacing around the kitchen and contemplating his next move. Rampant.

I don't want to be here. I close my eyes and start praying for the kitchen floor to open up and swallow me whole, releasing me from this hell. Please just leave me alone.

But he then does the most unexpected thing and takes me in his arms.

I'm thunderstruck. I look up into his eyes and I see the storm inside them. But he only holds me tightly and doesn't say anything.

Bliss. It's what I've been craving for the past several years. Just someone to hug me without any questions. Just someone to understand me.

I break down in his embrace.