Familiar Embraces

A horrid burning. A muffled cry. A bright light, and Alaska was stuck beneath it. She squinted, holding a hand up to block the insanely bright object's intrusive light. She groaned as a wave of pain ran through her body, another heat wave, another fire. The pain was suddenly eased as a cold towel was brought to her forehead, and she sighed in delight, smiling ever so slightly.

         "Canada should keep doors locked tighter."

Alaska shot up, wincing as the light hit her face, finding it to be the roof of a bunker bed, short and meant for cramming as many soldiers as possible. She gave another sigh as the enemy brought her close in a cold embrace, practically dead, only a faint heart beat being any indication of life. This is what happens to a failed Country with a chance of living, whose ideals still live on in a people no longer his.

         "Zhere-zhere," he wiped the evaporating sweat from her head, not caring that she could potentially give him third degree burns. He chuckled at the irony, caressing her head lovingly, as a father would his terrified child, "Only some montz," he promised.

     The State quickly recognized her current position, wrestling herself from his grasp and stumbling to the closed door, only to fall as another wave of burning pain hit her. She coughed up smoke, the burning in her throat unbearable, her eyes stung, skin prickled and lungs ached.

         "Where am I?" she asked hoarsely, not bothering to look at the frowning Third Reich.

         "Zhe last unknown Nazi bunker," he admitted, "I killed zhe architect responsible, as vell as zhe zhree generals who knew of it. The architect vas a Jew any-vay," he spat on the ground, disgusted, "Zhe ozher zhree vere insignificant."

Alaska growled, peering at the man with a blood thirsty gaze, and he merely smiled, as if seeing an old friend.

         "Come now schatz*," he cooed, not daring to inch closer, "I have a surprise for you, but you cannot receive it vith an attitude like zhat."

And like a child being scolded, Alaska stopped her menacing display, allowing the failed Country to step close enough to help her up. 

     He opened the door with ease, helping the woman to the nearest bathroom, where she found clothes waiting for her. Alaska realized she was still in her swimsuit, limping in to inspect the clothing given, she sighed, finding the old uniform cleaned and sewn together. She knew she had no other options... and Third had obviously spent the money, perhaps his own time, to make something her size... Alaska quickly shook her head, despite the increased pain. There will be no sympathizing with a monster. He killed so many, and he paid the price. Still she couldn't go around in a swim suit the entire time. One piece or not, she wanted to be safe more than sorry.

     Third Reich, better known as Nazi Germany, clapped his hands together once Alaska stepped out of the bathroom, adoring her well fit uniform. She fixed the colar, choking on it as she gave out labored breaths.

         "Goodness, you don't 'ave to kill yourself for a stupid colar," he told her, unbuttoning the blouse like a father would a child's coat, "Sveet thing," he sighed, placing a cold hand on her burning cheek, "You have hidden for far to long."

~.~

         "How do you lose someone that tall and with pointy teeth?" 

Japan hissed, glaring at Canada who had scoured his entire log mansion in order to find Alaska, but to no avail.

         "Don't ask me!" he seethed, "Ask Germany he's the one with experience!"

There was a long pause as Canada slowly realized what he said. He face-palmed, apologizing, recieving a curt 'it's fine' from the Country. 

         "Maybe America took her off to apologize," Russia reasoned.

         "America, apologizing?" Japan put a hand to her extended hip, "Not likely."

         "For your information," said Country appeared from a worm hole, glaring at the female, "that likely hood is much higher than you think."

But when Canada relayed the news, America's hope for forgiveness dwindled even more then it already had after a long talk with his father. Alaska had simply... left? She was sound asleep when Canada left her to get groceries. Germany, Russia and Japan came afterward, simply curious of their friend's condition. The happenings of yesterday was quite a lot to take in, and they were all glad to find out the red, white and blue Country was tight-lipped about Alaska's second summer self when he spoke to U.K.

         "How long were you gone for?" America asked his brother, who counted on his fingers, then checked his watch.

         "Maybe, three hours. That's including the trip to town and back here."

         "She could have gone zhree hours in any direction!" Germany huffed, "Vhat can ve do? Split ourselves apart to cover more ground?"

         "Actually..." America grinned, and brought out his phone, scrolling through his contacts before grinning, and quickly tapping on the bright red and gold flag, "Everyone start calling Alaska's allies!"

     The group nodded, each determined as they began to scroll through their own phones, each having paid attention to Alaska's soon to be allies. At least they hoped.

         "Yo, China, Alaska's gone missing, can-"

Needless to say, almost everyone dropped what they were doing to help in this quest. China was first to appear, traditional chinese combat gear readied, prefered weapon of the Samurai by his side as he held the hilt of the long, sharp blade.

         "You called during training," he glowered at the Country, "but for once, I am grateful."

America rolled his eyes, Japan squealed, Russia debated on going to get a bottle of hard liqour... Germany held firmly to his colar, and soon the large group set off to find the missing State, calling for any sign of her. A sound, a sight, a smell. And through it all, the loudest cries came from America as he frantically ran to find her. He had to right this wrong, and right it he will.

--------------------

* schatz - treasure (German)