Getting what she wants

JULIE'S DINER

Twenty minutes later, Olivia stood nervously in a corner booth at the diner a couple of blocks from her house while she sipped a mug of tea. Little Kathy was happily eating a muffin while coloring. "What's taking so long?" Olivia said to herself as she anxiously looked at her watch. She smiled when she saw the person she was waiting for walk through the door and over to the booth. "I was beginning to think you wouldn't show!" Olivia confessed.

"Are you kidding? My best friend calls and says she needs me and it's urgent, of course I'd show!" she said before she hugged Olivia tight and took a seat across from her in the booth. "What a cutie pie! You babysitting?" she asked Olivia.

"No, she's mine." Olivia said, beaming.

"Uhh, come again?" Dani Beck said, in a bit of shock. She and Olivia had become best friends since Dani left in season eight – I mean since Dani left the special victims unit. Dani had walked into a bar where Olivia was one night. At first it was tense and they just sat there trying to ignore each other. But after a couple beers, they loosened up and began to talk, realizing how silly it was to dislike each other and by the end of the night they were commiserating over what an ass Elliot is. It was as if they were the sisters that neither of them ever had, but wanted so desperately.

They had been through everything together since then. Dani was the maid of honor at Dickie and Olivia's wedding and Olivia was godmother to Dani and Dean Porter's two year old daughter that Dean INSISTED they name Olivia – you know, to honor their friendship and he proudly got a huge tattoo across his chest that read 'OLIVIA 4EVER!' to honor the woman he lo- his daughter! Though, Dani probably should have been suspicious when he got an even bigger tattoo that says 'BENSON IS LIFE!' to cover his entire back and explaining that it was in honor of his favorite tv show when he was a kid. On Dani's last birthday, she and Olivia got BFF tattoos with each others' names on their wrists! Their bond was unbreakable!

"She's Dickie's." Olivia told her. Dani looked on incredulously at the café au lait colored little girl before turning to Olivia.

"Dickie's what?"

"Dickie's daughter, duh! Her mother said we could have her but Dickie doesn't want anything to do with her!"

"Um, Olivia"

"I know, I couldn't believe it either! He says I have to give her back."

"maybe you should think about that."

"Dani, I can't! Don't you get it? Six hours ago, I had nothing to live for in this world!"

"Uhhh, Dickie?"

"Right. Six hours ago, I had one thing to live for in this world. But now, I have two! When this little girl walked into my life this morning, she changed me! I'm not the same person I used to be!" Dani just sat there, a blank yet confused expression on her face.

"So, what are you going to do?"

"We've already bonded. Do you know what she called me before you got here? Miss Olivia. She called me Miss Oliva! You tell me how I'm supposed to let her go after that!"

Dani was at a complete loss for words. She knew better than to try to dissuade her best friend when she was this passionate about something so instead…

"Okay, so how are you going to convince Dickie?"

"That's why I called. Can you watch Kathy for about an hour?" Olivia asked as she grabbed her purse.

"Her name is Kathy?"

'Yeah. After his mother. Isn't that sweet?

"Sure. Where are you going?"