02

Hey guys! I'm back for the next chapter of Impossible. Hope you enjoy!

Warning: Offensive language and slurs.

I was really about to come out to my best friends. After keeping this a secret for the last two years I was finally going to tell them. Well, here I go.

"I'm gay."

"There, I said it. This may be a surprise to you guys and lord knows it was a surprise when I realized it myself. I've wanted to tell you guys when I found out two years ago but I was nervous, but now there's a guy I've been liking for a while and I wouldn't want to date him and keep it a secret from you guys. Well I can't be with him in the first place because that's impossible, he's probably not even gay anyway, but he's just so cute and I just really wanted you guys to know..." I stopped blabbering as I began to notice the silence coming from my friends. "Guys?"

"T-this is a joke, r-right?" Gale asked as he let out a nervous laugh.

"Yeah, q-quit messing around Charlie." Bart stated letting out the same sound Gale made.

I stared at them confusingly. "W-what? No I-"

"The hell. So you're telling me I've been friends with a homo this entire time?" Robbie stated angrily. He looked disgusted at the thought.

I couldn't even speak. I could feel the tears forming in my eyes and I tried my best to hold them in. Was this really happening? We're my friends really not accepting me?

"Hey. Charlie it's okay-" Bart started but was quickly cut off.

"No! We can't be friends with no faggot! He's probably been checking us out and shit. All the times we've stayed at his place and ain't no telling what he did while we were sleep. That's disgusting!" Robbie yelled out again. Just the look on his face was enough to let me know that he was being serious. Seriously bashing me, seriously crushing me, and seriously throwing our whole friendship away within seconds.

"I don't think-" Gale started this time but was interrupted again by Robbie.

"Fuck that!" he yelled. Other students in the cafeteria began to quiet down to listen in on the conversation. I hope they didn't hear what was going on. I just hope they didn't. Right as Robbie was about to say something again, the bell rang for lunch to be over.

I did the only thing I do in situations like these. I ran. I ran through the students that crowded around our table with questioning looks. I could hear all the murmurs and gasps. The tears were pouring down my face at this point. I could hardly tell where I was going. I ran into multiple people just trying to find somewhere to escape to.

As I continued to run, someone grabbed my arm forcing me to come to a stop. I turned around to see who it was. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Adrian Johns holding me in place by my arm. There was a deep look of concern displayed on his face. He was about to speak but I didn't let him. I wonder what was going through his head. All I knew was that I needed to get out of here.

I pulled my arm out of his grasp and ran for the second floor bathroom that no one ever used. I cried and cried until there weren't any tears left to cry. I couldn't go back to class. There's no telling how many people knew my secret and were probably judging or making fun of me for it.

What was so bad about being gay anyway? What does me liking who I like have to do with anyone? Why couldn't it just be easier?

I pulled out my phone to call my mom. She would understand. She was always there for me.

The phone rang only once before she picked up. "Hey sweetie. How's it going at school?" she answered with the sweetest voice.

"M-mom. I-"

"Oh sweetie what's the matter! Are you okay?" she worried.

"No mom. I n-need to come h-home." I spoke through sobs.

"I'm on my way right now. Don't worry sweetie, I'll be there soon and we can talk about what's going on okay?"

"O-okay." I answered.

After hanging up the phone I walked out of the stall and took a look at myself in the mirror. I looked pathetic. I tried my best to get myself situated before I left the bathroom and walked through the empty halls to the front office.

I could already see my mom at the front desk signing me out for the day. As I entered the office, my mom quickly approached me engulfing me in a big hug. I hugged her back tightly and we walked out to the car in silence. I knew she would wait for me to bring it up so as soon as she started driving, I finally spoke.

"Mom, I did it." I said quietly.

"Did what sweetie?" She asked softly.

"I told my friends that I am gay."

"And they didn't take it well?" she looked at me briefly before looking back onto the road.

"No, they didn't. I-I obviously knew it might have been a shock b-but I never expected this. They h-hate me mom." I stated trying my best to not cry again.

My mother placed her hand on my shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze which calmed me down immediately. "Well sweetie, if they decided to react this way then at least now you know that they weren't your true friends. Some things act as challenges to test the people around you. This was their test and they failed. But you should also give them time, maybe they reacted before thinking. Just give it some time and things will be right."

"You should have seen how disgusted they looked." I stated.

"Maybe those boys just don't understand."

"They even called me the F word though." I tensed up at the memory.

"They did!" my mother spoke angrily. "Even Jaden?" she sounded surprised.

I had totally forgotten about Jaden. Maybe he didn't know what was going on yet. Maybe he could still be on my side. If he doesn't know, I want to be the one to tell him.

"Actually, he wasn't there." I told her. "M-maybe I could talk to him tomorrow or something since he doesn't know." I mumbled.

"I think you shouldn't go back to school for a few days sweetie. I don't want anything bad to happen to you. You know I'm leaving tonight for a business trip and won't be back for a few days. I won't be here to protect you sweetie. Please stay home." she pleaded.

"Mom. If I don't go, they'll see me as weak. Although I did run away like a baby, I'm not afraid to face them. I'm not a little kid anymore. Plus, I need to talk to Jaden in person. I'll be fine walking to school on my own and if anything happens, I have Dolly. Just please let me do this."

Dolly is my older sister. She is 20 years old, three years older than me. She goes to a college close by so she is still living at home. It's just me, her, and our mother. For some reason, Dolly stopped talking to us. She became distant almost a year ago so whenever we see each other, she ignores me like I don't exist at all.

"Your sister needs to be more responsible. She won't talk to anyone but her friends. I don't know what to do with her." She sounded stressed. Maybe I shouldn't have brought up Dolly.

"Just forget it mom. I'll go to school tomorrow and I'll be okay. Ok?" I stated. We pulled into the driveway and got out of the car.

"Ok." she replied before unlocking the front door and entering with me following behind her. "Go upstairs and get some rest. I'll make you something to eat, you look hungry."

I gave her a sheepish grin. "Hehe. Yeah, thanks mom." She always noticed when things were wrong. I gave her a kiss on the cheek before running upstairs to my room. The first thing I did was remove my shoes and jeans to dress in something more comfortable. I jumped into my bed and snuggled against my pillow.

Tomorrow, I would talk to Jaden first thing in the morning. He would never betray me like the others did.

So, as you can see, his friends didn't take the news well. Do you think Jaden will react the same way?

Keep letting me know what you think. Adrien is gonna show up in the next chapter :) so stay tuned.

Don't forget to vote and comment!