04

Adrien Johns

It was finally the end of school. I walked out to the parking lot to look for my car. It wasn't there.

"Shit." I groaned.

I forgot that my car had broke down last night, so it was currently at the shop being repaired. I guess I'm walking home today. That's totally great. It's about to rain too. I had forgotten an umbrella because I was used to having my car with me. All I have is my hoodie. I engulfed myself inside of the hood and pouted at the situation.

I began walking. It's only a fifteen minute walk to get to my house from school which isn't bad at all. The rain had started pouring down harder by now though. My car wouldn't be fixed probably until the day after tomorrow. I can't wait.

After about five minutes of walking I got pretty bored and cold but it was also peaceful at the same time.

I wish I could enjoy this time with Charlie.

Yeah that's right. I have a crush on Charlie Hunt. How could I not when his eyes were a beautiful blue like the ocean. He was the perfect height of 5 ft and 8 inches. His blond, wavy hair was long enough to cover the back of his neck. He would do this thing where he grabs a piece of it and tucks it behind his ear when he was nervous. It was absolutely adorable.

As I got deeper in thought, I began to hear something.

"What is that sound?" I asked myself. I looked around. It was kind of hard to see because of the rain.

"It sounds like...barking?" I stated.

I had come across a box that was placed in the middle of the sidewalk. There was a puppy inside.

I reached inside of the box to pet the shivering puppy and rub behind its ears.

"Poor thing. I should grab an umbrella and a blanket for you huh? Luckily, I live only a few houses down."

I rushed to my house to grab my blanket and umbrella. I ran up the stairs trying not to get everything wet. Once I reached my room, I grabbed the items quickly and headed for the bathroom. I decided to grab a few towels to sit by the entrance so that when I come back I wouldn't have to make more of a mess than I just did.

I opened the umbrella and walked out of the front door. I could hear the loud smacking sounds of rain hitting the umbrella above me.

I arrived at the box to see that someone was with the puppy and already gave it their umbrella. It was Charlie Hunt.

Noticing that since he gave his umbrella to the puppy, he was now getting soaked. I quietly approached him.

Charlie started talking to the puppy as if it were a baby. I found it so fucking adorable. He was such a genuinely heartwarming person and that was one of the things I liked about him.

"Am I seriously baby talking a puppy?" he said to himself. I could see him mentally facepalming.

I hovered my umbrella above his head to protect him from the rain.

"Seems like it to me." I stated, not being able to hold my laughter anymore.

I could tell I startled him by the way he jumped back. He stood up and faced me with a look of complete shock on his face.

"A-Adrien!? W-why are you here? Oh gosh you heard all of that?" he facepalmed.

"Yes, yes I did. Actually, I found it pretty entertaining." I smirked.

"Why is his voice so soothing?" he asked out loud and I'm sure he didn't mean to. It was something he always did and something I always find adorable.