Max's guilt/ Dawson discovers Fidget's list

(This chapter is gonna be short)

As the store was a terrible mess, Dawson and Max looked for the Detective Basil.

"Basil! Basil!" Dawson called him out

"Basil!" Max called Basil until they heard a baby doll called 'Mama!' As it repeats. They moved between the boat and drums, they see that Basil was tangled in a voice string of a doll as it went up and down.

"Basil! Olivia...she's-" Dawson spoke as Basil cut him off

"She's gone, Dawson! Confound it! I told you to watch over the girl!- oof!" Basil shouted at Dawson, freed as Dawson tried to get Basil free from the string, but Basil fell as he got freed and continued yelling.

"Now she's been spirited away by that maniacal little monster, soon to be in the clutches of the most depraved mind in all of London! I should have known better than to-" Basil started yelling at Dawson for blaming to watch over Olivia until Max jumped in with guilt.

"Basil, don't yell at Dawson! He didn't let Olivia get kidnap by a psycho bat.  IT WAS MY FAULT!!!" Max yelled as he fell to his knee, with his head looked down.

"I'm the one who's responsible for her.  I'm supposed to protect my sister and I promise her that I will protect from everything that happens to her, even if I die, I would still protect her. *Sobbing* You're right, Basil.  We both knew we shouldn't take her with us, I just don't want her to be alone or sad.  If I didn't let her come along, she would've be safe with Mrs. Judson. But I let her! I let her and my father down. I let you two down.  I always want to be a detective's assistant along with Doctor.  But I don't think I'm fit to be in it. Now I'll never see her again....I'm-Im a horrible brother I am....A horrible brother. I'm sorry, Olivia...I'm sorry I broke our promise....Its my fault..." Max sat down on the ground as he knee up and put his head down against his knee and cries thinking he's a horrible brother who break their sibling promise to protect her at all times, let everybody down.

(Ignore the rain)

(Ignore the rain)

Dawson and Basil feel bad for him when Max said to himself that he's a terrible brother that he couldn't protect Olivia and his father. They walked toward the crying Max.

"Don't worry, Max. Its not entirely hopeless.  Its not your fault.  Everybody makes mistakes. We still want you in this case. Beside, you're not horrible, Max." Basil said as he rubbed Max's back and held his hand gently. The first called his first name without Mr. suffix.

"But I am. I broke the promise. I failed. What would she think of me when I didn't protect her? She's probably hate me and don't want me as a brother." Max continue sobbed

"Now, now Mr. Max Don't say like that, she's your sister, siblings love each other as family, I'm sure she still loves you between brother and sister. You did all your best to protect her." Dawson said as he comfort Sad Max.

"We'll get her back." Basil said as Max raised his head as his tears run down his cheeks.

"You really think so? Is there's any chance we get her back safely?" Max whimper as he wiped the tears off his cheeks.

"There's always a chance, Max, as long as one can think."

"Thank you, Basil." Max said as he hugged him, Basil's eyes widened and blushed a little bit as he hugged back and smiled. They pulled away as Basil started to think, where that Fidget Bat kidnapped Olivia as Dawson place his hands on his pocket but he felt something on his pocket and took it out the list that Fidget dropped.

"Get the following: 'Tools, Gears..." Dawson read the list as Basil and Max turned around to look at the list.

"What?" Basil said

"Girl, uni-" Dawson continues as Basil snatched it out of Doctor mouse's hand

"Dawson, you've done it!" Basil said

"This list is precisely what we need." Max said

"What?" Dawson asked in confusion

"Quickly, back to Bakery Street." Basil said as they ran off to Basil's home