Chapter 2 - The Anointed Worship

It's now Sunday, at 5 AM. I did my uninterrupted time with the Lord again. I was led to this verse in Ephesians 1:4-5

"For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love, he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will"

I remembered how I came to know Jesus Christ. It was when I was 25 years old. I had what they call a quarter-life crisis. I am on the brink of depression and lost a sense of purpose in my life. I wish for myself to die by never waking up again.

It triggered when I compared myself to my classmates and people almost the same my age on what they had achieved already in their career, finances, investments, love life, etc.

I questioned myself what's wrong with me? Why I am so left behind? What my future will be?

So I went out in the streets in Manila wandering nowhere one time. My mind was not focused while I was walking staring straight while crossing on a highway.

As I cross the street, I did not notice a bus approaching. The driver tried his best to step on a brake, but it's too late, I will be hit by that big vehicle.

I thought that would be my end. Who could survive hitting a bus moving so fast on a big highway?

But as the bus just a few inches on me, someone pulled me from that wet street.
"Oh boy, that was so close," he said.
"You should have left me to die," I replied.

"Don't say that! God has a purpose for you.  You just need to seek His will for you," the man said.

That moment, I was silent. Maybe God has another purpose for me.

So this man shared the gospel to me. That was my turning point to Jesus Christ.

God gave me a sense of value because he shared to me that same verse in Ephesians in which I was predestined, I was adopted by our Almighty Father in heaven!

**********

It's already 6 AM. I need to hurry because of an early call time I had in the Kid's ministry. As I am on my way to the Miracle Hotel, Ian called me.
"I'm on my way!" I said.

Finally, I arrived in the room.

Not a single child was there because it's still early but only volunteers and Ian. The volunteers really welcomed me and encouraged me. One of them is Martha, I think she is one the seniors there.

And then as the minutes go by, more and more children came. I missed serving in this ministry.

I remembered Marcus and Chloe on some of them. They are the nephew and niece of Jenny. They are both 6 and 8 years old respectively. They were brought sometimes by her in Kid's church in Life Church.

We used to hang out after service as they play in the garden just across the church. We sometimes go out of town with them and that is why the children really liked me.

Jenny promised them to bring them to Cebu so that they can visit my home city. They are really excited when they heard that and I am excited too. But now, I don't think it will happen.

**********

It's now 9 AM. The first service for this ministry has just started. An energetic opening song welcomes us all.

I was tired dancing but happy. I need to drink some water to regain my energy so I went to get a glass of water prepared for us just outside the room.