Chapter 5 - The Waiting Game

I went back to my home disappointed. I know I blew it up for a chance to have a good impression with her. I need redemption on what I have done so I prayed,
"Lord, let not this mistake be repeated."

Then I read the Bible. I was led to this passage in Luke 22:4-62. It was about Peter who denied Jesus three times. It was an embarrassing moment for Peter for denying his friend, teacher, and Lord.

But we all know Peter became a prominent figure in the book of Acts. He was very bold and courageous unlike before when he denied Jesus because of fear of persecution. But now, he is willing to be flogged and jailed and even crucified upside down for following Jesus.

In short, he was redeemed. We can be redeemed for any mistakes that we have done especially if we have failed our God.

It would also be possible for me to be redeemed by my mistake.

**********

As I went to sleep, someone messaged me in messenger.
"Hi Jacob, how are you? You know what, I prayed for you. We had also concluded our midyear prayer and fasting here in Life Church." It was Jenny, the one I unfollowed days ago.

"God impressed in my heart, that I should redeem on what we had before, our friendship."
Wow, she's like Peter also.

"I prayed that we could talk again someday, maybe for a closure? If that's okay with you," she continued.

"Hi, Jenny. Yes if that is the will of God," I said.
"By the way, congratulations on your engagement," I continued.

"Thanks, Jacob, I was really surprised at what Ronald did," she replied.

And we had conversations all night long catching up. We did not have that conversation since we broke up. I told her also about Rachel and she said she will pray for her also.

Then when it was too late, we said good night and goodbye to each other to sleep because we need to reserve our energy for tomorrow's worship service.

**********

Then I woke up and it's Sunday. I am sure Rachel will be there again. I need to make up for my mistake. I need to go back to scratch to have a good impression on her.

I don't know how will I do it, but I surrendered it to God. I need also to do my part.

So I attended the third service right after our small group meeting where Rachel most probably attending because I already knew after that will be their small group meeting also.

As the third service is being prepared, I am standing there in the middle of two big doors of the main hall. I need to make sure that I will see her coming inside either of the doors.

Moments later, I saw her coming. I saw her lovely face again.

I inhaled and exhaled and prepared for my best smile as I also approaching on the left main door where she would enter.
"Hi Rachel," I said.
But she has no response.

I think she did not hear it. She is focusing on her conversation with her friend coming inside and to add that it was very noisy as more and more people came for the third service.

So I followed her inside and I'm planning to sit beside her. But when she and her friend entered the third row on the left side of the hall, there are only two seats that are vacant. It's only good for them. The nearest vacant seat is in the fifth row. It's far from her.

But I took that seat so I can have a view from her at the back. Then the worship began. I can see how passionate she is singing for the Lord. And that made me like her more. I wish to have a godly wife like that.