Chapter 11 - The Great Admission

"I've been waiting this moment for a long time that you will finally accept my love for you," I said it closer to her ear as I hugged her.

I cannot explain my joy at that time. This is the happiest moment of my life when Rachel finally admitted that she has feelings for me now.

"So, can we make this official?" I asked her.
"Sure, if Martha will approve this and also with Ian. Let's hope that we can get our blessings from them," Rachel said to me as she releases herself from my hug to her.

I can see in her face that she was so happy. I wiped away the tears of joy in her eyes.
"Let's pray together for that," I said.

So we prayed together and God gave us peace in our hearts beyond understanding as we celebrate that special moment in our lives.

"You know what Jacob, it's not easy for me to tell you this. I prayed to many times how will I say to you how I feel about you. I just made a great admission in my entire life," She laughed while she said that.

Martha and Ian gave their blessings to us. We sometimes go out the four of us together to remind and advise us as we enter another chapter in our lives. Accountability is very crucial in Christian dating to protect us from the attacks of the enemy.

I promised in front of Martha and Ian that I will protect our purity and that I will lead her to Christ every moment as we will practice more holiness right now until the day that we will get married. Both of them trusted me to entrust Rachel on my hands, but they trusted God more that the Lord will protect our relationship.

"After us, being your spiritual mentors, you must also get your blessing from your parents," Martha advised us.

So first, I introduced Rachel to my parents here in Cebu. I invited her to have lunch in Bethel mall so that my parents will get to know their potential daughter in law. My parents like her so much and they said that it's time for me to have a life of my own and have that life together with Rachel.

I am glad that my parents gave me a blessing. My next task is for me to get the blessing of her parents. So I went to her province in an island in the Visayas. I went there by myself striving the waves of the ocean as I rode in a boat.

Finally, I met her parents and I admit I was nervous. I told them my intentions for her and promised to protect her even if it cost my life. They were amused by me and finally allowed me to be in a relationship with their daughter

"Jacob, my Father called me. He was so happy that you are courageous enough to go to my home and face my parents. My mother also said that I am so blessed to have you," Rachel called on the phone while I was in the port as I go back to Cebu.

So the happiest days for the both of us with Rachel began. We had our frequent dates as we cannot afford to miss each other. We have known each other for years, but it was only later that our hearts sing now on the same tune.

I sometimes visit her in their shop so that we can spend time together at dinner. She also sometimes surprises me during my lunch break to spend also time with me and have lunch together.

I also invite her to my house to have dinner and also invited her on Christmas Eve so that my family will get to know her and also she made an effort to know them as well.

I also join with her to spend New Year's Eve in their province when she went there for a vacation. I met her family and even her whole clan. I was so glad that they accepted me.

I also accompany her on her monthly checkups as she was hospitalized months ago and I am the one reminding her to take her meds.

During the time when she sings as a worship leader in the church, I do visit her at the backstage as the guard allows me now to enter. I brought her food for her and for the rest of the worship team.