Chapter 10 - The Comeback

I went straight to the airport after I arrived at the port of Cebu. I thought I could get a good rest after the retreat, but I need to go to Jenny and the children.

I don't know what to feel when I see her again. How does she look like now? How about the kids? Are they grown up?

So I arrived at the terminal as I dropped from a taxi. There are so many people coming in and out of the airport. I did not see them where they are.

Then suddenly there's someone hugged my waist. It was Marcus and Chloe, the nephew and niece of Jenny. I'm glad that I saw them again. They have grown up so much compared the last time I saw them 2 years ago.

"Uncle Jacob, we miss you!" Said the both of them.
"Wow, Finally you have come here in Cebu, where's your Auntie Jenny?" I asked them.

Then someone taps at my back and I lean who it was. It was from Jenny.
"Hi Jacob, it's nice to see you again, Did you miss me? You look so great now since the last time I saw you. You have grown mature now"

When I saw her, she gets more enticing and also became mature as we don't see each other for so long Her charm was still there, that charm that made me fall for her before.

"So, how is married life right now?" I asked.
"Oh, I'm not married, I canceled the wedding," she said.

I was shocked. She canceled the wedding and I did not know about it. Maybe because I was unfollowing them that is why I did not have an update on them.

"Really? What happened?" I asked her.
"Oh, here is now the taxi, let's ride on," she said.
Obviously, she avoided answering that.

**********

We went to the Miracle Hotel because she had a reservation there. The children went to sleep because they are tired of their trip. But I and Jenny were not yet asleep so we went to the pool together.

As I open the door for her, she said, "You are now being a gentleman now."
I just smiled and said, "You are the one who taught me that."

"How many days are you planning to stay here?" I asked her.
"We will be here until Sunday and then we will transfer Bohol then from there going back to Manila. I just need to treat them here since this is our promise to them," she answered.

"I see. So tell me what happened between you and Ronald," I asked.
"I just felt that we do not complement each other. It's not God's will for us," she answered.

I just trusted the reasons for breaking up her engagement and so we talked on another topic. We haven't talked like that since we broke up. We laugh and tease each other and we haven't notice that we have been talking for hours and finally we are sleepy.

**********

The next day I took a leave from work. I toured them around Cebu. We went to malls, we went to the playgrounds so that Marcus and Chloe will enjoy it. I surprised them with so many gifts because I also missed them.

It was just like the old times when the four of us going around everywhere. We look like a family. I took care of them and Jenny appreciated that and she was happy seeing me the way I treated them because I am not that caring before.

The last place we went to is to a beach. They can't easily go to a beach in Manila unlike in Cebu

As we were walking on the beach with Jenny, she held my hand. I was surprised why she did that.

"Do you still love me, Jacob? Do you still think of me? " she asked.
I was surprised by her question.
"Does my answer to that still matters to you?" I asked her back.