Chapter 3

"Will she be okay?" I heard Remus ask. "She should be. Just be careful. It's gonna hurt for a few days, nothing I can do about that."

I slowly opened my eyes to see Remus sitting in front of me. Madam Pomfrey had just left. I groaned. The back of my head ached and I wanted it to stop.

Remus smiled. "You're having a pretty rough year aren't you?" I nodded, but stopped since it hurt. "You have no idea."

I tried to sit up, but Remus stopped me. "Madam Pomfrey said you need to rest." "But-" "But nothing." I frowned and laid back down. I realized he cared, but him telling me what to do was pretty annoying. 

"Remus?" I asked. "Huh?" "You... you said you saw that I was sad a few nights ago." "So?" "Nobody ever notices. But when you said I had the perfect life...." I sighed. "You won't understand...." He put his hand on mine. "Try me."

I took a deep breath. "I got scared and angry.  I didn't want you to be like everyone else. It wouldn't be fair. I guess I was being selfish. I just wanted someone to listen to me." He looked at me with a deep sadness in his eyes.

"I'm... I'm sorry. I didn't realize. But doesn't Lily listen?" I shrugged.  "I tried to tell her what was going on a few times,  but she's been wrapped up in work and talking about how discusting James Potter is all the time that she wouldn't listen, so I just gave up."

"Could you maybe... tell me?" he asked. I bit my lip. "I guess.... Mum and Dad they were always fighting and... sometimes they didn't have time to take care of me." I sniffled. "Just before I left this year, Dad got really mad at Mum and... and he shot a spell at her, it... it was the Killing Curse. H- He killed Mum!" Tears started to stream down my face and, even though I tried, I couldn't stop them.

Remus stood up and hugged me. I sat up and this time he didn't stop me. I sobbed into his chest and he brushed my hair out of my face. "Now Daddy's in Azkaban! I have no one to go home to!" I wanted them back. I didn't care if Dad was a killer, he was still my father and I know he was sorry for it.

"You'll have a place at my home. My family is very welcoming. Or at James's, Sirius lives there." I nodded. "Thank you." "No problem."

I pulled away from him, but he sat up on the bed next to me, rubbing my back as I wiped eyes.

Soon I fell asleep right on his lap, but he didn't care. He just let me sleep.