Chapter 15

Things were awkward in the Lupin household. Everytime me and Remus said one sweet thing about the other person his parents went "awwww" and said what a good couple we made. I guess I should've been grateful for the fact that they didn't hate me. Nightmares did come about once in a while, but Remus was always there. It was after a particularly nasty one that
I realized me and him were going to be together forever.

I woke up screaming. I glanced down at my arm. No blood. I looked at my chest. No knife. Remus came running in. "Everything okay?" I nodded. "I- I'm fine. Just a nightmare." He sat down on my bed like usual. He smelt like chocolate. After he had found out my love of choclate he had started carrying it around to cheer people (mostly me) up, because who doesn't like choclate?

He pulled out a piece and handed it to me. I smiled and ate it. "Remus?" I asked. "Yes?" "When winter break is over can I still live with you and your family?" He laughed. "Of course. What did you expect me to do? Throw you to the dogs?" A flashback of the hellhound came back to mind.

"I'm sorry." Remus said immeadiatly, noticing the pain in my eyes. "That's not what I meant." I nodded. "I know." He looked down at my leg. "How's your leg?" "It's okay. It hurts a little bit, but I think it's getting better." "Good."

"And Remus?" "Yeah?" His eyes shined in the dark. "Will you stay here for a while?" He didn't answer. Instead he crawled under the covers and snuggled next to me. I laid my head against his chest and listened to his breathing. A question suddenly came to mind. "In my dream, you left me Remus. You left me to die. Would you really do that?" His breathing faltered and he wrapped his arms around me, placing his head on top of mine. I could feel the pain he had experienced from those words.

"Never. I'll protect you. I won't let anyone harm you. I'd kill myself if I injured you. You're just too precious. I shall slaughter anyone who tries to hurt my darling." "Remus...." I blushed. "It's true. You are my darling now. No one else can touch you but me." I giggled and cuddled in a, little closer. He pulled the blanket further up, careful not to cover my head, and we drifted off to sleep.