Chapter 10

According to the doctors I was falling into a deep depression. It was funny that they could notice that, but not the fact that I was basically dying.

"All she's saying anymore is: "I want Him." I could hear them talking outside my room. They thought I couldn't hear them. They thought I was stupid. To them, I was just another patient. "Any news on who He is?" Dr. Winston shook his head. "Nothing. Like I said, she won't say anything but: "I want Him." "Strange." said the head doctor. "Very strange. Well, we'll run some more tests on her, see if anything pops up. That's the most we can do."

I gulped. Not more tests. They hurt me. I'd go through all that pain and it would be for nothing. But I couldn't tell them how I felt. I don't know why, but I just couldn't. All I could say anymore was: "I want Him." Or when I went through the tests: "Help me." I'd cry and scream, but nothing else would come out of my mouth.

Soon the other doctors arrived, wands in hand, and tools on a tray. I wanted to tell them to stop, but I couldn't. Sure they tried to make it hurt less by giving me a potion then waited outside for it to take affect, but like I said, I threw up everything.

They extracted some of my blood for tests and then came the bad part. They tried to see into my brain by using dark magic. It made me feel like my brain was going to explode. The pressure was unbearable. It made me relive all my worst moments, but somehow, they couldn't see a thing.

They said I'd built up walls that nobody could break. If they knew that, then why didn't they stop running tests on me? Did they like seeing me cry and scream?

One day after they had tested me again, I lay in bed, sleeping, having nightmares again. This time I was locked in a cage with people holding wands walking around me, prodding me.

"Stop!" I begged. "Please, stop!" But Dr, Winston chuckled from somewhere to my right. "My dear, don't you get it? No matter how much you beg, it won't stop. Because we can't hear you. You're powerless against us." He walked out of the dark holding a drill, a muggle tool I'd heard of.

But the drill never hit me. Instead I felt something or someone brush hair away from my ear and whisper: "I'm sorry. I'm so so so sorry." My eyes fluttered open and Remus Lupin stood at my bedside. His face brightened a bit when he saw me awake.

He tried to pull me into a hug, but he couldn't. I was too tightly bound to the bed. He pulled out his wand and whispered the counter spell. "Remus, I wanna go home." were the first words that came out of my mouth. They felt strange on my tongue as I hadn't spoken much in a while. But soon after I realized that it was impossible. Why? Because my home had been sold after my mum was killed and Dad was sent to Azkaban. After my whole life was ruined.

"I know." he whispered. "I know you do. And I'm gonna take you home. To your new home." He started to get me up off the bed and make me walk, but he seemed to notice that I didn't have the strength to. Instead he slid his arm under my legs and lifted me up.

He went through the open window first, then lifted me from the window sill and back into his arms. I leaned my head into his chest, already tired from all the movement, and tried to sleep. But I soon realized it was impossible.

As Remus walked further and further away from St. Mungos, he realized that I was basically freezing. Why wouldn't I be? It was kind of wintertime and all I had on was my undergarments and I gown on. He on the other hand had multiple layers on.

He pulled off his patched coat and wrapped it around me. It helped a little bit. I smiled at him. He smiled back.

He soon realized that I wasn't going anywhere at the moment, so he laid down next to me, pulling me into his chest. And suddenly it wasn't so cold anymore.