Chapter 13

I woke up to a loud piercing scream. "No!" Mrs. Lupin shouted. "Don't take him! Don't take my husband! Please!" She begged.

I was out in the living room with my wand in a flash balancing on one leg. Four Death Eaters stood in front of Mrs. Lupin and Remus, one of them holding Mr. Lupin hostage. They hadn't noticed me yet.

"Where is he?" A deep voice commanded. "I- I don't know what you mean!" Mrs. Lupin shouted, half crying. The one Death Eater raised his wand at Mrs. Lupin, preparing to shoot a spell at her. But I wasn't gonna let that happen. "Accio wand!" I shouted the first spell that came to mind and his wand flew into my hand. They all turned, looking at me. The one Death Eater dropped Mr. Lupin and all four of them advanced on me. I suddenly felt very powerless.

"No!!" Remus screamed, but his mother's tight grip held him back. She was a good Mum. I fell backwards onto the ground and curled up into a ball. They were gonna kill me. I pulled my head into my knees.

"Crucio!" they all yelled at once. It felt like I was being stabbed by a thousand knives, but nothing was touching me. I jerked, screamed, and cried. The pain was unbearable.

It wasn't long before theworld started to fade. But just before I passed out, a tilted version of Remus escaped from his mum's grip and was running over to me. Then everything went black.

|~~~|

I could hear Mr. and Mrs. Lupin whispering outside the room. I could hear and feel Remus's warm body sobbing on me. Then I jerked awake.

I was laying in my bed with Remus next to me, on his knees, crying. I wanted to move and hug him, tell him that I was fine, but I only managed one of those things.

Remus looked up and wiped his eyes. They were red and swollen. He immeadiatly hugged me, but I couldn't hug back. "Mum! Dad! She's awake!" Remus shouted and they came running in.

"Why can't I move?" I asked. Mrs. Lupin sighed. "It's because you got hit with about four spells at the same time. Your body is exhausted." "Oh." This news sadended me. It meant I'd probably have to be bed ridden for a month or so. "So, you guys will just have to feed me and stuff? Isn't that... gross?" My face scrunched at the image of them figuring out how to solve the bathroom problem. They shrugged. "It's just like dealing with a baby. Besides, you should be better soon. By the end of today." Mrs. Lupin said. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Phew! I thought I was going to have to lay here for like a month!" She laughed. "It wasn't that serious!" After that it fell into an awkward silence.

I winced as I felt a cramp in my leg. Remus turned back to me. "You okay?" "Yeah, j- just a cramp." He nodded. But it wasn't just a cramp.