Chapter 6

Remus dropped to his knees beside me and held me in his arms. "Remus?" I asked, my voice shaky. "Am I gonna die? Will I get to be with Mum?" That was one happy thought about dying: I'd get to see Mum again. "No." He said brushing my hair out of my face. "Of course not." He leaned down and kissed my forhead. He made it all better as I layed on the ground bleeding. "It's all gonna be okay." His voice cracked when he said this. He was going to cry.

"Remus," I said, reaching over and taking his hand, using my last bit of strength to grip it, "I'm sorry for putting you through this. It's all my fault." "No it's not." He squeezed my hand. "It will never be your fault. The world is just a cruel place with cruel people and things in it." He started to cry. "Just, whatever you do, hold on." I wanted to hug him like he did with me, but I couldn't. "I- I don't know if I can."

His eyes looked into mine for a while until he broke eye contact and shouted: "Guys! She's over here!" And James, Sirius, and Peter came running into the small clearing where me and Remus were. Peter let out a little scream at the sight of my mangled leg.
James immediately removed his jacket and tied it around my leg.

"Remus," Sirius said, rushing over to his friend. "It's all gonna be okay. She's gonna be fine. But right now, we need to get her out of here." He nodded and slowly lifted me up into his arms, but I couldn't get a grip on him.

"Please just make it go away!" I cried at the searing pain in my leg. "It's okay. It'll be over soon." And following a trail, he walked me out of the woods.

|~~~|

For the second time in less than a month, I found myself waking up in the hospital wing.

"They're saying she might have to be transferred to St. Mungos." I heard James's voice say. Remus let out a shaky sigh that said he was having a difficult time.

"I'm sorry." I said to him opening my eyes. He didn't look up. "It's not your fault." he mumbled. "Yes," I said, putting my feet on the floor, "it is." And I stood up on one foot and hopped over to him. At this point I realized how heavily bandaged my leg was. "Remus, I'm so sorry for putting you through this. I should've never gotten mad at you, you were just trying to help. I should've never ran-" "It's not your fault!" he shouted angrily, standing up and grabbing my arms.

Then, realizing how scared of him I was, he released me. "You're afraid of me." he whispered. "No, Remus, I-" "Your eyes showed it. Don't lie." "But, Remus, please-" "BUT NOTHING!" And he shoved me to the ground. Madam Pomfrey didn't have to tell him to get out of the hospital wing because Remus had already left.

James and Lily ran off after Remus and Sirius helped me back up onto the bed. "I- I don't understand." I stuttered. "It's fine." Sirius assured me. "He's just been through some rough times." "Like what?" "Well, he's a werewolf-" Peter started. Sirius slapped his hand over his mouth, but not before Peter could get it out.

"He's a werewolf?!" I exclaimed. Sirius turned and glared at Peter. He cowered a bit. "Yes, okay, Remus is a werewolf, that's why we call him Moony. No need to shout it to the whole world." Sirius commented. "Oops. Sorry." "Whatever." He shrugged. "No one's here that doesn't know it already." I immediately assumed that Madam Pomfrey knew too, probably Dumbledore also.

"But if Remus is a werewolf.... Oh god! What've I done?!"