Chapter 9

"Hey, guys." I greeted as my friends all walked through the door. "Hey." They greeeted. "How are you?" I asked. "Good, great, been better, fine." everyone except Peter answered.

"What about you, Peter?" He looked up from the ground. "M- me?" he asked, looking shocked. The others looked just as surprised as Peter. "I- I'm doing okay, thanks." "No problem." He smiled at me.

All through our conversations I kept asking Peter questions and not the others. Sure, I was excluding them, but they deserved it. They needed to know how Peter felt when they did it to him. I could tell Peter was grateful for it.

By the sixth day of this happening, I could tell that the others were getting angry that I never really wanted to talk to them, just Peter. And finally, James cracked.

"Why?!" he yelled standing up from his chair. "Why don't you talk to us anymore? Do we not exist?" I shrugged. "I'm just giving you a taste of your own medicine." He looked at me confused. "You- what?!" "Peter never get's a say in anything. You don't get what he's going through. He feels alone because of you guys. I have never seen him get a say in what we do or where we go. He's just there to you."

James shook his head, like I didn't understand what I was talking about. Like I was oblivious. Like I was stupid. "Peter he- he doesn't care! Right, Wormtail?" He looked down and nodded. "See what I mean?!" I shouted angrily. "You aren't letting him have his own opinion!" Sirius stood up by his best friend and started to defend him. "Did it look like we grabbed his head and made him nod?" He crossed his arms. "You did make him! You scared him! You made him feel like if he didn't something bad would happen!"

Lily now stood up too. "Bree, I don't know what's wrong with you, but you are not yourself. If you don't start acting like the Bree Hanson I know, I- I don't know if I can be your friend anymore." And they turned and walked out the door. "C'mon Peter." Sirius ordered and Peter reluctantly followed, keeping his head down.

It was wrong what they were doing to him.

|~~~|

It wasn't long after that incident when they all stopped visiting me. And the nightmares got worse.

"Bree, you were supposed to save me." Mum cried in her ghost form. "Why didn't you? I thought you loved me." "I- I do." I said to her. "Do you?" she asked. "Yes, Mum." "That's what  your father said, look where I am now." "Dad didn't-" "He killed me, Bree. He's a murderer, and in a way, so are you. You left me to die! And now so will I." And she threw me to the hellhounds.

I woke with a start, drenched in sweat. "Mum," I cried out, "I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry."