Confusion, Discord and Playing With Dreams

Later that night, Sydney is sitting at the cabin with Xena and Gabrielle still with a look of confusion on her face. She takes a sip from her coffee mug and sits the cup on the table. She then looks at Xena and Gabrielle.

"I just don't understand all of this." Sydney says, "Why me?"

"Aphrodite is looking into this Sydney." Xena says, "Even though Aunt Kara is in Reno right now, if it would be ok with you I'd like to call her and fill her in on what's going on. We can always call dad and Beth later."

"Ok." Sydney says, "Can I stay here tonight. I really don't feel like being alone right now."

"Of course you can." Gabrielle says, "I'll set up the couch for you. You can stay with us as long as you want."

Sydney looks at Xena and says, "I can tell this is bugging you. Your mood is different."

"Well, it's not everyday that you find out that your sister was a good friend of yours in a past life." Xena says as she side hugs Sydney. "Aphrodite will get to the bottom of this. Artemis had to have left something as to why this happened to you."

"In our past lives, we didn't like each other at first." Sydney says. "There was a lot of trust issues between us."

"But we worked it out and became good friends." Xena says smiling.

Sydney looks at Gabrielle, smiles and says, "At first, I was so mad at you. When Terreis died and she gave you her right-of-caste, I was angry. It was supposed to be mine. But how can anyone stay mad at you."

Gabrielle smiles at her and says, "It's a gift." They all laugh then Gabrielle says, "I just still can't believe this is happening."

Sydney gets up, walks to the fireplace mantle and says confused, "This is just to confusing. Why me! This is your destiny, not mine!"

Xena gets up, walks to Sydney and says, "I know how you feel. When Aunt Kara and Aphrodite revealed to Gabrielle and I who we really were, we were so confused. You were there, you seen our reactions. But we were able to work it out and accept it."

"I know." Sydney says. "I just don't know how to act, what to feel. And if Aphrodite wasn't behind this, who was!?!"

Sydney looks at Xena with tears in her eyes, Xena hugs her and says, "Aphrodite will figure this out Sydney. We will get answers for you." Xena then looks at Sydney, smiles and says, "It'll be ok." Sydney smirks at Xena who smirks back at her.

————-

At Mt. Olympus, Aphrodite opens the doors to the library of the Gods. Dust fills the room as it hasn't been used in a couple Millennials. She walks in, looks around and says, "First things first." She waves her hand and suddenly the dust disappears and the room looks new again. She starts walking down the aisles, looking at old books and scrolls. Discord, who is invisible to Aphrodite, watches her with an evil look.

"Well Aphrodite, lets see how long it takes to piss you off." Discord says with a devilish smirk. She waves her hand and some scrolls from a top shelf falls on Aphrodites head.

"What the!" Aphrodite says annoyed. She turns the corner and walks down another aisle and a book goes flying off the shelf and lands in front of her. Aphrodite picks it up and sits it back on the shelf. She looks around and says, "Ok Ares. If you're playing tricks, this is pretty immature, even for you." Aphrodite says

While invisible, Discord stands behind Aphrodite and sends an evil vibe her way. A shiver goes up and down Aphrodite's back and she gets an angry look on her face. Aphrodite looks around and says, "That vibe wasn't from Ares." She starts to walk down the aisle and suddenly three books goes flying off the shelf in front of Aphrodite. She stops before the books hit her and yells, "Show yourself!!" Suddenly Discord lets out a chuckle as she disappears. Aphrodite looks around the library with a serious look and says, "I know that chuckle! It can't be!! I know in my soul she's gone! Xena killed her!" Aphrodite starts walking again when Discord appears in the flesh behind her and whispers in her ear, "Bitch!" Aphrodite gets a shocked look on her face and stops dead in her tracks, but before Aphrodite turns around to face Discord, Discord disappears again. Aphrodite turns to see nobody. She gets a serious look on her face, turns back around and continues walking. "It's just bitchy spirits of the past Aphrodite!"