Sydcney Reveals Her Nightmare and Aphrodite Reveals Artemis Phophacy

A few hours later, Xena and Gabrielle sits with Sydney as she has calmed down from her nightmare. Sydney looks at them and says, "I'm sorry I woke you two."

"Sydney, it's ok!" Xena says, "We are always here for you."

"Do you feel like telling us about the dream you had?" Gabrielle asks.

Sydney shakes her head yes then says, "The first two dreams were memories of when I was Ephiny." Sydney smiles and looks at Gabrielle. "Epinon and I were teaching you basic moves of the Amazons." Gabrielle smiles at Sydney.

"You then asked us to show you our signature moves." Sydney says.

"I remember." Gabrielle says. "You flipped me with your staff and then Epinon got me with a powder ball!" Sydney and Gabrielle laugh while Xena smiles. "I was so inexperienced at the time."

"But you did catch on fast after that lesson." Sydney says.

"That's because I had a great teacher." Gabrielle says smiling at Sydney.

Sydney then looks at Xena and says, "My next memory was of us walking in the woods after you came back from a mission that was too dangerous for Gabrielle to come with at the time. We were talking about random things, then we kind of had a heart to heart talk."

"I remember." Xena says smiling, "That was when I think we truly became friends."

"You two treated me like I was your actual sister." Sydney says, "And that, I was always grateful for."

"Then what happened?" Gabrielle asks, "How did it turn into a nightmare?"

Sydney looks down at the ground then back up to them. "Xena, remember when we were teenagers and you were home on break. I was eighteen and you just turned sixteen. We were in the workout room going over moves you taught me. You did a high kick on me and sent me to the ground"

"I remember." Xena says, "You became so angry that after punching me, you kicked me in the head, sending me to the ground. I got up and asked if you were the one with the anger issues at the time."

"I felt so bad." Sydney says, "I thought I really hurt you."

"You knew that at the time, I liked the pain. It fueled me." Xena says, "We then got out dad's fencing stuff and went at it. It got so intense that dad and Beth had to break us up. We actually started to fight." Sydney looks down at the ground with a tear in her eye. "What happened in the dream to make it turn into a nightmare?"

"In the dream, I became full of hate and rage." Sydney says, "Suddenly the fencing sword turned into an ancient amazon knife and a voice inside my head told me that I was just as powerful as you and that I had to prove it to myself. In my dream, I killed you! I took the knife and jabbed it into your stomach, stood there and just watched you die."

Xena and Gabrille look at each other with serious looks on their faces. "Sydney, was the voice in your head that provoked you to stab Xena, was it Alti? Gabrielle asks.

Sydney shakes her head no and says, "No. It was a male voice, it sounded like Dr. Smith, I mean Ares." She then looks at Xena with tears in her eyes and says, "I would never, ever harm you Xena!" Sydney hugs Xena who has a serious look on her face.

"I know Sydney." Xena says reassuring her as she kisses the top of Sydney's head. Xena then looks at Sydney and asks, "The voice you heard, it was Ares voice?"

Sydney shakes her head yes and says, "Why would I have a dream like that, and why would he be in it?"

"I have no clue." Xena says, "But I do know that Ares can't hurt you, not while we're around."