Aphrodite and Artemis Tallk, A Break In and Artemis Takes Charge

Aphrodite walks into her throne room and sits on her throne looking out in the distance with a sad look on her face. She takes a breath and says, "Artemis, if you're out there Sydney needs your help."

Suddenly the spirit of Artemis appears behind Aphrodite and says seriously,  "I know!"

Aphrodite gets up from her throne and turns to see the spirit of her half sister, smiles and says, "It is so good to see you again Artemis."

"You also Aphrodite." Artemis says smiling, "I'm so glad you survived the twilight. The world without love wouldn't be a world I would want to live in." Artemis then gets a serious look on her face and says, "I know what Ares is doing to Sydney."

"He's brainwashing her and grooming her to fight Xena!!" Aphrodite says worried, "Xena won't kill Sydney, but under Ares control, Sydney will kill Xena. You have to help us Artemis! What should we do to stop Ares?"

Artemis walks around and then says, "I know what he's doing and the only thing I can think of is he must have found out about my prophecy and when he entered into the picture, he got Sydney to trust him."

"Then how come he developed feelings for her?" Aphrodite asks.

"He must have seen a part of Xena in her and it somehow triggered feelings for her." Artemis says, "That's the only thing I can think of."

"Then we have to stop him before Sydney does something she'll regret!" Aphrodite says panicked, "But how can we break her from his hold?"

Artemis smiles at Aphrodite and says, "This will be hard, but with everyone involved, we can break her from him and bring her back to lead the new Amazons."

"She's scared and confused on that part." Aphrodite says.

"Don't worry, when we get her back, she'll come out of this the leader she's supposed to be." Artemis says.

Aphrodite smiles and says, "Ok, fill me in on your plan!"

——-

Meanwhile just outside Ares castle, Xena, Gabrielle and Lauren look down from a hill and see around a dozen guards posted out front. They are just mingling, not really paying attention to what's going on.

"How are we going to get in there with all those guards out front?" Lauren asks.

Suddenly Aphrodite appears next to them and says, "Hey warrior babes. How's it going?"

"We're trying to find a way inside." Gabrielle says, "So, is Discord alive?"

"Unfortunately yes." Aphrodite says, "And she's seen Sydney."

"Is she ok?" Xena asks worried.

"Well she's already insulted Discord." Aphrodite says.

"She called her a skank didn't she!?!" Gabrielle says smiling.

"Of course she did." Aphrodite says smiling.

"That's Sydney for ya! Not even afraid to insult a Goddess!" Gabrielle says.

"I do have some news to tell all of you though." Aphrodite says, "Ares is grooming Sydney to kill you Xena."

Everyone looks at Aphrodite in shock and Xena asks, "How? When did this happen? And why?"

"He must have found out about Artemis prophecy and when Beth and you were away at school, he got Sydney to trust him as her therapist and started to brainwash her." Aphrodite says. "And he also started to have feelings for her."

"What!?!" Xena says.

"He must have seen something in her that made him fall for her." Aphrodite says.