prologue

I hate summer. normally I can deal with it, but I don't know why this time has been different. Maybe because I'm nearly fifteen, or maybe because life seems to hate me. there are probably more reasons, but at this point, I don't care. you see holidays are never fun. and this year they have been particularly bad. uncle Vernon's company is losing business, and Dudley is still following that stupid diet. which means no one is happy. as you can tell that comes with a lot of side effects. Many of which I don't want to explain. 

you see... my family doesn't treat me right. I mean, no one really wants to take in an orphan. especially one who is a freak, according to my aunt and uncle. When my uncle gets mad he has some stupid theory that the reason something is happening is because of me. at this point, I have learnt to except it. before Hogwarts, my relatives used to hurt me. it wasn't the occasional spank for doing something bad, it was far worse than that. whenever I got higher marks than my cousin Dudley, they would yell at me, throw a few punches, than lock me in my cupboard only to be told "no meals for a week"... or something along those lines. that was just the beginning. 

thankfully, when I went to Hogwarts, they realised how easy it would be for someone to notice they were hurting me. whilst I still had old bruises and scars they didn't do anything new that year. during second year I was battling with myself. my aunt and uncle needn't hurt me, I was doing it for them. No one seemed to notice until it was too late. Thankfully I had the best friends anyone could ask for. after that I kept my mental health a secret. after all, I didn't want to make people worry. 

before my third year, my "family" continued to ignore me. when I made the grave mistake of blowing up aunt marge I knew that I couldn't stay and remain safe. thankfully I was able to spend most of those holidays at the leaky cauldron, where nothing but myself would hurt me. during the holidays before fourth year, I had the threat of my godfather, a convicted murderer who escaped Azkaban, after 12 years of false imprisonment. with that, my guardians were too scared to do anything, knowing that a prison escape would be knocking on their door if they tried. 

but that leads us to where we are now. Sirius was cleared off all charges, and it was published in all the magic papers. somehow my aunt and uncle got wind of the case, and realise that no one would do anything to them if they tried to hurt me. especially if I wasn't allowed to write any letters to my friends. I'm now old enough to realise that this treatment isn't normal, that its considered three forms of abuse. mental, verbal, and physical. 

enjoy the journey of my fifth year. it's bound to be a good one