Chapter 1

Y/n
You squint your eyes unhappily as the sun reflects off your tablet and hits you in the face.
You're in your brother's room, sitting in a chair, in the corner, by the outlet, so you can be closer to the WiFi but keep your tablet charged.
You were reading sans x reader fanfics till the sun's glare interrupted.
You had only been awake for a couple hours and had decided to go straight to your tablet instead of eating, so now you're hungry.
You set your tablet down and walk over to the fridge in hopes of finding something to snack on.
Nothing appeals to you, though you consider drinking the ketchup...but eventually decide against it.
You proceed to search the cupboards, but the only remotely edible thing is the bottle of mustard; you considered it ...but you had no idea why...You hate mustard. So, like the ketchup, you decide against drinking the condiment.
You sigh..

"Guess i'm going shopping...it's really hot today though...eh i'll do it tomorrow..."

You walk over to the fridge again to grab a piece of bread and shove it in your mouth. You figure it will semi satisfy your hunger for a short time, and meanwhile you can sleep for a bit since you got barely any last night. You walk over to your room and flop onto the bed, and pass out.

Smol sans
I'm lost, I can't see anything, and no one knows where I am.
I really didn't think things through.
It was probably a bad idea to come here, but...they weren't looking and the door was open and...I didn't wanna sleep outside again.
Though I probably should have chosen a better place to hide or paid more attention to what was around me when I first ran in here...if I had then I wouldn't be stuck in this predicament, because I would never have fallen down that hole.
Welp, what's done is done.
I guess I'll just have to hope that by continuing forward i'll eventually find a way out.
So I continue blindly walking till I crash into something, made of wood?

Y/n
You awaken to see light peeking through your window.
Still daytime?
You find your phone and look at the time.
11:52, You thought you'd slept longer than that?
You crawl out of bed and walk over to the door, but stop upon hearing something coming from the direction of the basement.
You wonder if someone is in the basement again without asking.
They said that they were going to stop doing that...
You open the basement door expecting to see the light on, and a family member looking for something, but are instead greeted by the dark basement with nothing visible.
You turn on the light on and hear a voice penetrating the once silent atmosphere.

"Finally I can see! Praise the sun!"

It continues..

"Oh beloved light, I will never take you for granted again!"

You are taken aback by this, seeing as a voice you don't recognize is coming from your basement.
However you decide that you need to determine where in your basement the sound is coming from.

"Hey! Who are you? And where are you?"

They soon respond.
Rather apologetically at that.

"F*ck, sorry..I know I shouldn't of come in your house i just really didn't wanna sleep outside again!"

You can't help but be curious about their living arrangements after hearing that.

"Are you homeless?"

There is a pause as if they are trying to determine their answer.

"yes"

It seems they've chosen their response.
Well that answers that.
You still don't understand why they'd chose the basement of all places, you'd rather drop dead than live down there.
You wonder how they managed to even get in the basement though.

"Hey, so I still don't know where exactly you are-"
And I'm debating on whether or not to call the police.

They pause seemingly unsure.

"Um..I'm down here. Just look straight down and you'll probably see me.."

You look straight down to see a recognizable Smol skeleton wearing a blue fur lined hoodie, black basketball shorts with two white strips on the sides, a white t-shirt, and light salmon-ish pink slippers; all of them heavily coated in dirt and dust and in desperate need of washing.
Sans?! Your eyes widen out of shock.
And he's Smol, is he a bitty?
You didn't think Bittys were real..
You thought it was just an alternate universe..
Immediately your hand clutches your head as you question what you know to be real. You wonder if maybe your still dreaming, you heard that if you look at your hands then that can determine if you're dreaming or not.
You look at your hands.
You're not dreaming.
You notice Smol sans staring at you confused.
You kneel down and hold your hand out to him in a silent offer to help him get out of the basement.
He accepts, and you gently pick him up and carry him over to your bed and set him down on top of your pillow, before sitting down on your bed next to the pillow.

"Um...please do explain yourself"

He nods in understanding.

"I am a bitty, and i ran away"

Well that doesn't exactly explain much.
You decide to press further.

"Why?"

He sighs.

"Reasons..I'm not exactly comfortable talking about.."

He looks kinda angry, and yet you see a tear in the corner of his eye but he quickly wipes it away.
You decide to back off for now.

"Well ok, I won't pry. As long as I'm not going to get in any trouble for you being here."

He looks at you unsure of what to do.

"I'm guessing you probably want me to leave right?"

You wonder how he came to that conclusion..

"Nah, I doubt you have any harmful intentions. Plus you probably don't have anywhere else you can go, seeing as you snuck into my house with the intention of living here.."

He seems a bit relieved and confused, wonder why.
You lightly smile.

"Welp seeing as that's what you came for, I guess I could let you stay here if you want.."

His..eye lights? seem to brighten at this, yet his expression tells his wariness.
Cute..

"..though, I'll need to give you a better place to sleep than the basement or outside. I can probably get you food so you dont starve, I'll need to know what you can and can't eat tho.. and then when it comes to everything else, it's kinda up to you what you do...i'll just try to help in anyway I'm able.."

He seem surprised and more confused, and very much still wary.
You hope that he won't be wary of you forever.

"..you don't have to stay though..but I mean...do you want to?"

He pauses as if he is thinking it over to himself.
He responds.

"yes"

Even though he accepted, he is clearly still wary of you.
You can't help but wonder why..
However you decide to focus on the fact that he decided he is ok with staying.
Your smile grows a bit knowing that Sans, well Smol sans..is going to live with you.
Sans is going to live with you.
Cue *internal fan girl screaming*
Wait...he's a bitty though...you can't date him...(┭┮﹏┭┮)
It'll probably be fine though...just as long as he doesn't discover your sans x reader stuff, sans x listener stuff, sans x watcher stuff, and sans stuff in general...
...right?