Chapter 8

Y/n
After listening to songs for quite awhile, you get kinda bored.
You glance over at a lone sock on the floor.
Your attention is then immediately directed towards the rest of the dirty clothes on the floor surrounding your nearly empty laundry basket.
Hmm..
Something should probably be done about that.
You glance over at Sansy.

"Hey Sansy, I got some laundry I should probably get done.."

You reference the dirty clothes with a nod of your shoulder and turn of your head in that very direction.

"Any chance you wanna help?"

Your rather doubtful he will say yes, considering sans's track record for actively not doing laundry, but you might as well ask.
Though his expression clearly shows his distaste for it.
Oh well.

"It's ok if you don't, I understand"

He's a guest, and it's not his laundry, so you can't really expect him to help you.
You flash him a quick reassuring smile, and start to gather up your laundry before he can verbally respond.
You set the mound of clothes you gathered next to you and start shooting them in the laundry basket (basketball style).

Smol Sans
Now normally, I'd hate doing laundry.
I mean, I was even given the option not to.
Your making it look fun though..and now I kinda want to.
Curse my love for basketball.
Welp guess imma give it a shot

I look over to the growing pile of sock pairs that you folded into ball shapes.
I snatch one, and jump shot it into the laundry basket.
You seem to notice, and I catch the surprised look on your face.
Your expression morphs into a look of challenge.
You trick shot a pair of your shorts off a desk corner, which somehow manages to fold them, before they land into your laundry basket.
Heh..Challenge Accepted.

I snatch another sock and attempt to chuck it at the roof, however there isn't enough force behind it so it misses the roof and heads straight towards you.
Sh*t..
Somehow, as if the angels of this world decided to grant me some kind of mercy, it bounces off your forehead and into the laundry basket.
After you seem to finish processing what just happened, you start laughing.
But not even a minute later, you get this mischievous look in your eyes, it makes me kinda nervous.

You grab a sock ball and hurl it towards me, it barely misses.
I look over to see you already preparing your next shot.
Wholeyheill, what I have I begun?
Another sock ball comes hurling my way, and i dodge.
Only to then face plant into the soft cushion of your bed, after I get pelted by the other sock you threw earlier.
I unfortunately, just so happened to put myself in the line of fire of the rebound from your first shot, in an attempt to dodge the second.

Welp, I've gotten got.
You giggle manically, but then for some reason seem to start getting worried.
I laugh good naturally at your sock pelting skills, and your worry melts away.

I grab another sock without you noticing, and chuck it at your forehead.
Once you realize you been hit, you shoot me an 'oh you really wanna go?' look, only for me to shoot back a low key 'heill yes I wanna fecking go'.

We have an all out sock pelting war, all the socks come off.
All of them D: ?  Yes all of them. *gasps*

I end up buried in all the socks that aren't scattered around the room.
After things calm down a bit, we go back to shooting the laundry in the basket instead of at each other.

Y/n
After finishing putting your laundry in the basket, you haul the basket over to the laundry room to sort it.
Sansy decides to go with you, and uses a sock in your laundry basket as his hiding place.
Sansy watches as you sort your laundry in the light and dark barrels with what appears to be curiosity and slight confusion.

"Why don't you just put it all in the washing machine together?"

His question is rather easy to answer, and it's not like it'll hurt to explain it to him, so you might as well do so.

"Some of the darker clothes colors with bleed into the lighter colored ones if I put them together, plus there are certain clothes that I can't use the blue washing machine soap with. I learned that the hard way."

Judging by his expression, he seems to understand.

"Oh ok, what happened though?"

Your poor poor black jacket with white fluff, it will forever be missed.
Well, technically you still have the jacket, it just isn't as dark a black as it was and the fluff is now blue instead of white.

You had so many sans cosplays you had planned to use it for.
Unfortunately, now the only one you can really use it for is error sans, and the sans you designed for an alternate universe, purely for the sake of being able to use the jacket for cosplaying more than just one sans.

It was a sad day that day, you cried, you can admit that.

"Ah, that. Well, I can just show you."

Your jacket happened to conveniently be hung up in that very room.
You pull it out, and gesture to the hood fluff.

"The fluff of this used to be white, I never quite determined whether it was the color bleeding or the soap that did this, it might have even been a combo of both to be quite honest."

Your still not quite fully over the loss of cosplay potential.
He seems to notice your saddened expression.

"That's fluff, but at least it didn't jacket up too bad."

Pbfffffftt-migawd that was freaking beautiful.
You let out a rather boisterous guffaw, at what you can only guess was his successful attempt at trying to cheer you up.
He seems a tad bit surprised at your sudden and drastic swap in mood, but laughs along as well never the less.

You hang the jacket back where it was, move Sansy and his hiding sock to your clean laundry bin, and return to sorting your clothes.
You notice a blueish glow emanating from within Sansy's hiding sock, as you place your undergarments and tank tops within the special bag separate from everything else; that of which keeps the contents inside of it from being ruined when they are run through the washing machine and dryer.

You wonder what Sansy could be doing in said sock for it to glow so fiercely.
Actually never mind, you don't think you want to know, even if it's not the things you were just about to start thinking about.

You finish sorting, you empty out the dark laundry barrel into the washing machine, put the correct amount of soap into the soap insert slot thing (you don't know or care what it's actually called so you call it that), set it to the normal setting, and hit the start button.

You gently poke your now dimly glowing sock, in the hopes that you can get Sansy out, so you can toss the hiding sock in the light colored clothes barrel.
You internal fangirl scream, as Sansys head peeks out the sock.
So fecking adorable you can't take it.

"Um, wassup?"

He looks kinda tired, actually more like exhausted.
That face he's making though..is kinda hot..wait NO!
*slaps self to be rid of unsightly thoughts*
Mmk that's better.

"Ah well, I kinda need my sock back so I can put it in the light barrel."

~
Author note: This has been, the laundry fluff chapter.
There are a couple references, cookies 🍪 to you if you find em.