• 3 •

Jin walked into the room he shared with Yoongi, feeling absolute relief to finally get to rest. Eight hours. Eight long hours of virtually non stop dancing. Just short breaks for instructions and water. He sat his keys on his night stand then face planted into his bed. He was supposed to be showering so that he could join his brothers for a meal but he really just wanted to sleep first.

A faint tap caught his ears. He sleepily sat up to pick up whatever had fallen and found it was the card that the baker left a week ago. He had forgotten it was there but seeing it brought her back to his mind. He picked up the card, tracing the gold swirls embossed on the edges. Her name was Lily, he remembered. She made him nervous. The good kind of nervous, like when you're waiting for your turn to get on a roller coaster.

He laid back down, this time on his back, and studied the card while thinking. 'Should I ask her out? No, that would be too creepy. I didn't even say hi to her,' he chided himself. 'I don't even think she saw me, Taehyung was in her face so much.' He let out a sigh and thought some more.

'But if she comes back here... maybe... She looked really comfortable with everyone when she was here so maybe it won't be awkward to talk to her then.' He felt a sudden rush of excitement. Picking up his phone, he quickly went to the website noted on the card to place an order. It was more expensive to have something delivered than to just go there but it was worth it. Plus it was actually delicious and he would share with everyone.

A few moments later he finished placing the order and relaxed back into the bed. The soonest they could fill the order was in three days. Maybe by then he would figure out what to say.

Between studio sessions and dance practice, the three day wait seemed to fly by. The Comeback stage was upcoming so there wasn't much time to sit and think about it. Jin looked in the mirror making sure his hair wasn't doing anything crazy. It was almost 6pm and the order he made would be there any moment. He went back to the living room with everyone else and sat down next to Jungkook.

Jungkook looked him up and down. "You ok, hyung? You look like you're about to throw up!" Jungkook laughed. "Did you dance too hard today?" Before Jin could respond someone knocked on the door. He tried his best to smother the nervousness that suddenly hit him as he opened the door. She was here.

"Hi! I have an order here for Jin?"

It wasn't her.

He swallowed his disappointment as he greeted her and helped her carry the cupcakes inside. "So... I wanted to tell the other delivery person that the cake was really good." Jin said to her.

"Oh, you mean Lily? She's out sick today so I'm filling in. But she'll be happy to hear you liked it. I'll make sure to tell her." She smiled politely. Jin nodded in response.

Jimin then quickly approached the pair and offered to take the remaining cupcakes from her. "Thank you, Hyun-ae," he smiled, locking eyes with her. She giggled and bowed slightly before leaving. After the door closed behind her he turned back to Jin, still smiling. "See how easy that was?"

"What?" Jin asked.

"To say something to her." Jimin teased.

"She laughed because you had something in your nose." Jin teased back while dipping his finger in some icing and wiping it on Jimin's nose.

Later that night Jin stayed up a little longer to place another order, this time with a different company.

_______

Lily

"Lily! You have a delivery!" Hyun-ae called from across the kitchen.

I didn't look up from the batter I was working with. "Can you sit it over there? I'll get it."

"No, you have a delivery." Hyun-ae repeated. This made me look up. In her hand was a bouquet of flowers. I wipe my hands on my apron and walk over to her. It must be a thank you from one of the brides I worked with recently. Hyun-ae was smiling like an idiot as she handed me the card that came with it.

"I hope you are feeling better." I read aloud. I flip the card over a couple times. No name. I looked at the flowers and then at Hyun-ae.

"Who are they from?" She asked excitedly.

"I don't know. Maybe Mom? They're pretty though." The blooms were still closed but I could tell they were lilies. Mom loves lilies. Plus no one else knew I was sick. "Thanks Mom." I say to myself, walking to the break area to tend to the blossoms.