• 10 •

Lily closed the door to her suite and walked with unsteady steps to the king size bed. Slowly ,she eased herself down, mind still reeling from the events of the past 24 hours. The flight was a blur. She had ironically been on autopilot the whole time. Then the royal treatment, being chauffeured by a personal bodyguard...

The concert.

Her ears still felt like cotton was in them, the stadium was so deafening. It was overwhelming. Literally thousands of people were there screaming for them. For him. It was both amazing and terrifying, and she was actually thankful to have a bodyguard.

He sang to me. The lily that sat on his piano was for me.

Nan Neoreul Saranghe was for me. He secretly told 46,000 people...

Lily delicately removed the heels she wore, placing them gently back in their box. Just before she could remove her dress her phone pinged.

Jin: Can I come to see you?

6 words. His 6 words sent her mind into overdrive. The thought of him being there gave her heart so much hope, yet her mind was afraid. What would happen? What would be said? Would she regret it? Does this mean things are going to get better between them?

What do I even say?

She stared at the message, thumbs hovering over the keyboard as she chewed her bottom lip.

You have to respond. He knows you read the message.

Her breathing increased, her heart felt like it would burst from her chest. It was one thing to see him from several yards away in a situation where they couldn't speak directly to each other. It was quite another to be so close again. It had been so long.

Her fingers trembled as she typed her response.

______

Lily Angel: Yes.

Jin's chest heaved as he read her one word answer and he ran a shaky hand through his hair. He stared at the message as the realization hit him that they would be in the same space. He was actually going to see her again. A nervousness that he hadn't felt since they first met overcame him.

Nervousness wasn't a strong enough word. Fear was more accurate.

Fear of the unknown. What if she came just to support them as a group but really didn't want anything to do with him?

Yet despite his fear he wanted nothing more than to be in her presence again. Even if she ended up telling him that she never wanted to be with him, he finally had a chance to try. He sat up straight and typed another message.

Me: I can be there in 10 minutes if that's ok. Or whatever time is best for you.

Part of him wanted to run to her door immediately. He was only on a different floor of the hotel. The other part of him needed the time to collect himself and to give her time. He didn't want to rush her and end up chasing her away. All of this had to be on her time.

He jumped when his phone vibrated again.

Lily Angel: 15 minutes?

He texted back to confirm he would be there, then slumped back in his chair and started biting his thumb nail. He had been drenched earlier because of the performance but he had already showered and dried his hair. There was literally nothing he could do for the next, he looked at his phone screen again, 14 minutes.