• 2 •

"Are you going to talk to her?"

I felt my body seize at the voice that was suddenly next to me. My shoulders slumped after I realized it was just Jimin. He came out of nowhere. "What are you talking about?" I questioned, hoping he'd ignore the mini heart attack I had.

"You've been staring at her for two hours." Jimin laughed.

"She hasn't been here for two hours."

"So you don't deny you're staring, then." I just waved him off. After I didn't respond he continued. "Are you shy?" He said, poking my cheek. "I hear women like when men are shy."

"I'm not shy."

Liar.

"Plus Taehyungie already has his eyes on her." As if on cue she giggled at something he said. In return he smiled and stared into her eyes with pure fascination. It was so easy for him to be himself around everyone.

He also liked to "experience" everyone. An odd feeling came over me at the thought of him experiencing her.

Just then they both turn to look at me. It's so loud in the house that I can't make out what he said but Jimin's voice catches my attention again.

"Even if he does want her he won't be upset if you talk to her. You know this." Jimin continued. I nod in response and start to bite the inside of my lip. Maybe I will. She looks friendly enough.

I take a deep breath and walk across the room to where she and Taehyung are. Just say something. No pressure. I slowly make my way across the room towards her. My stomach turns as I try to find something to say that doesn't sound stupid-

"Is that strawberry flavored?"

The sentence fell out of my mouth before I could stop it. Now I can hear my heartbeat drumming in my ears.

Even though she answered her eyes bore straight through me. Then she turned and started laughing at something Taehyung said again. I feel a twinge of envy at Taehyung's effortless charisma, but I don't have time to dwell on it. Hobi's home.

We all sang happy birthday to him, and I snuck glances at her. Unlike the smile she gave me, the one she wore now was genuine. She didn't join us in singing but she clapped along to the beat, her deep dimples uncovered by her smile. The dimple on the right was deeper. Her expression was that of a mom watching her children play happily with soft, glittering eyes.

She's beautiful.

And now she's... leaving?

Of course she's leaving! She was only here because of work!

My mind raced but I couldn't form a single sentence. So I watched her walk to the door. Before I could think to follow her Taehyung was already there. Within a matter of seconds she was gone.

I guess it wasn't meant to be. Might as well have some cake as a consolation prize.

I retrieved the cake cutter she left on the table and sliced a piece of Hobi's cake, handing out slices for everyone.

"Waah!" Taehyung exclaimed, pointing at the cake. "This is so good!"

Jimin beamed. "Right!?" He said with his mouth full of cake.

I examined the cake further, bringing it to my nose before scooping a piece into my mouth. It was sweet but not overwhelmingly so. The combination of vanilla and almond along with the whipped cream was delightful. And it was moist and dense. Thank goodness it didn't have any of that horrid strawberry glaze stuff. That stuff was gross and probably caused cancer. I ate another bite, closing my eyes as I savored the mix of flavors. It was heaven.

I had to see her again.

As if by divine intervention, my eyes caught sight of a white card left on the table. In gold embossed letters it read Sugar Lily's Bakery. It also had contact information. As soon as I put it in my pocket I felt eyes on me and looked up to see Jimin with a satisfied smirk on his face. Laughing nervously I turned away and finished my cake.

Several hours, a BLive broadcast, and a liquor rich dinner later, everyone is trickling to their respective bedrooms for the evening. Before long it's just Jimin and I left in the living room. He's drank so much his eyes have been reduced to crescents.

"Are you going to call?" He slurred. Straight to the point, even while drunk.

"Maybe. Wouldn't it be kind of weird though? A random guy calls a business to ask someone out on a date."

"Why not?" He said, suddenly sulking. "I wish someone did that for me sometimes."

I laughed. "Ah, Jiminie. I think you have your hands full already."

His smile returned. "Yeah I do, don't I? It's hard keeping them in line sometimes. I don't have time to do much else." He inhaled and stretched. "I love those idiots though." He said, smiling softly. I felt myself smile along with him. It made me happy that he was happy.

"Back to you." He continued. "Take a chance and call. You'll never know what could happen if you don't."

"Yeah... I'll think about it."

Jimin stood up, using my shoulder as leverage, and stumbled his way towards the stairs, muttering that he better have space left in his bed. I fished the card from my pocket and looked at it again. Should I call? What do I say?

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of Jimin tripping up the stairs and laughing loudly before laying down and passing out. The noise made Yoongi poke his head around the corner. Without a word he helped Jimin to his room. "Puppy..." I heard him mutter.

A pair of dark brown eyes flashed in my memory. Our eye contact was short lived but to me it happened in slow motion. Her eyes were sharp, direct, without a hint of timidity. Absentmindedly I flipped the card over and over. Who am I kidding? I don't even know how to say hello, let alone ask her out. I don't have time to date anyway.

I stood up and stretched before climbing the stairs towards the room I shared with Yoongi. The alcohol was making me sleepy. After undressing I sat on the edge of my bed, my hand holding the card hovered over the waste paper basket between our beds.

I hesitated before I could let it go, deciding to place it on my nightstand instead.

I'll think about it some more.