• 1 • Seraph

—✦❩ ✝︎ ❨✦—

"Malaika, huh?"

The celestial being looked up at him from her place on the forest floor, her milky white eyes piercing him straight through like a silver-tipped arrow does the undead.

"Did it hurt?" He asked, a brow quirking upward, his onyx gaze just as piercing.

"Did what hurt?" She asked, tilting her head.

"When you fell from heaven?"

—✦❩ ✝︎ ❨✦—

An angel on a quest, and the mysterious person that helps her

—✦❩ ✝︎ ❨✦—

The ground still smoldered. Wisps of grey smoke wafted into the air above only to disappear with the wind.

The source: an angelic sigil burned into the earth, the result of her divine spirit transcending into the mortal realm of the Creation.

Her wings, all six of them, painlessly fell away feather by feather, each one swirling around the others in a cyclone, ascending towards the Heavens from whence they originated, from whence she originated. A pale hand reached upwards, a somber sigh crossing pale lips, silently beseeching them to stay.

They had been a part of her since the dawn of her existence. She felt incomplete without them.

But it was all part of His plan. A plan that she would follow without fail.

She looked at her unfamiliar surroundings, trying to gain her bearings. The earth was something that she had only seen through indirect sources, she had never seen any of the Creations firsthand.

But they were beautiful!

A babbling river was to her left, it's waters filled with life. Trees towered all around, partially blocking the overcast skies above and also filled with life.

Beneath her was rich soil. She grabbed a handful of it, rubbing the grounds between her fingers, marveling at the rough texture and cold temperature.

It was magnificent. She expected no less from The Most High.

Returning the soil to its place, she kneeled in the center of her sigil and began to pray.