Part 12: Meet Up

Some much needed lightheartedness :)

" AHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh..." they said as the screaming died down. After Max regained his composure, he cocked his head and said "David? What hell are you doing?" "Oh uh hi Max. Well, right now I came in here to use the..." David looked around the room "...Office Laptop! Yeah!" The red head ignore the odd feeling in his stomach he got for lying." Gwen asked me to go get it, so I'm here now!" David bounced as Max lifted one eyebrow "um, ok...?" "Anyway, how are you doing?" Oh great. Overly-cheery David was back. Max preferred neutral David over this. But in all honesty, Max didn't expect that question " I-I'm alright. Fine" David smiled "Can I leave now?" David frowned. " If your feeling up to it, sure." David was upset that Max would be leaving his immediate sight, but was happy to know the 10-year-old was okay and would be going back with his friends at camp (and Ms.Author doesn't have to keep the same plot going for over 10 chapters ). "Cool" the kid rubbed his eyes, jumped out the bed and opened the door. Before went out he mumbled as smirked "thanks, you dork" and closed the door. David wanted to cry again, the 5th time today.
——————————-
As Max walked outside, his friends were with Gwen. As he walked over there, Nikki spotted him right away and yelled "MAX!!", trapping the brunet in a tight hug. His arms still baring bandages under his arms, he wheezed "Nik- Nikki" "Oh oops, Sorry!" She rubbed the back of her neck, letting him go. As Max caught his breathing, Neil came over to greet him "Hey. How you doing?" "I was good until Nikki squeezed ever ounce of oxygen in my lungs out of me." "Nice" Neil gave a thumbs up. "What's up, ya little sh*t" "Hey, b*tch." Max smirked, as Gwen smirked back. " Anyway, what have you guys been doing while i was gone?" Max questioned "Well, me and Nikki have been working on this machine that changes the gender of the subject." "AND IM GONNA BE THE TEST SUBJECT!" Nikki screamed " Nikki, no! we didn't agree on this! We agreed the platypus was the subject!"Neil reasoned. " Oh yeahhhhhhhhh. I forgot!" Nikki leaned over to Max "I'm totally the test subject." She winked.

     Max sighed. He missed this. Him and his friends just messing around. For the first time in Forever, Max genuinely smiled before going to do who-knows-what with Nikki and Neil.

~423 words~

   Hey y'all. Here's another chapter before the year ends ;). (God, I'm old. It's already almost 2020 :"(  ) It's short but nothing really happens. K byeee~