Part 15: Avoiding

Max realized his mistake. He had just agreed to tell David about a nightmare he never had. Max hated the thought of sharing a tent with Neil at the moment. Even when walking by each other, the air was thick enough to be cut with a knife. The 10 year old tried to think of something off the top of his head, trying to recall the nightmares he'd had a camp. "W-well, Neil and Nikki left me alone in my tent. And when I woke up, e-everyone was gone." said Max, trying his best to not stutter or say anything stupid. Something believable. "Oh no! That's horrible, come here." David said in a gentle tone, patting the part of his bed next to him. Max looked at the bed "..Can I sleep in the chair instead?" He wanted to curl up and die in a pit for just coming to the cabin for a stupid reason like not wanting to face his problems. David deflated, but Max didn't notice. He was glaring holes into his feet, begging himself to starting walking back to his own cabin with Neil and stop being such a pussy. Max looked up again as he tried getting his thoughts in order. The red-head in the room nodded when the kid looked at him. Max quickly ran over to chair next to a desk. He put his hands in his hoodie pocket and quickly fell asleep.

Um.. this was sitting in my drafts so why not post it with the announcement next chapter. It was supposed to be way longer but I'm too lazy to finish it now (srry ;-;) so :p