five

five

luke woke up, cringing at the bright light around him. it wasn't actually that bright, but he felt like he hadn't opened his eyes in forever.

"luke!" he heard from somewhere in the room. ashton then came into view, looking extremely tired.

"hey," luke tried to say, but it came out in a whisper. just like his eyes, he felt like he hadn't said anything in forever. "what happened?"

it was then that luke actually looked around the room, realizing he was in a hospital.

ashton looked at luke worriedly, before saying, "you fainted in a cafe a week ago. you've been in a coma this whole time. you really had us worried, luke. the doctors thought you weren't going to pull through."

luke's eyes widened in surprise, but then it all made sense, why he felt like he hadn't actually done anything in a while.

then everything came back to him.

he remembered ashton telling him that daniel died and it may or may have not been because of the dark figure they saw that night.

luke was snapped from his thoughts when a doctor rushed into the room.

he looked at luke and smiled, writing something down on his clipboard. "it's good to see you awake, mr. hemmings. how are you feeling?"

"fine," luke croaked out, still not used to having his voice back.

"you were out for a while. do you know why you might have fainted?"

even though luke knew exactly why, he shook his head no.

"well, it looks like you fainted from shock. it's never easy when someone you know passes," the doctor muttered as a nurse came in to check luke's blood pressure.

it's never easy when you know why they did either, luke thought.

➢➣➢

luke was released from the hospital the next day, after the doctor checked to make sure he was going to be okay.

the doctor suggested he stay with someone in case something happened, and ashton offered, since luke doesn't have any family he's able to reach.

ashton unlocked the front door to his apartment, rushing inside to get into the warmth of the house.

he led luke to the spare bedroom, said goodnight and to call him if he needed anything, and left to his bedroom.

luke sighed, stripping from clothes he had changed into at the hospital. he started to put sweatpants on when someone gripped his waist from behind.

he quickly turned around, looking all around the room for any source of life, but came up empty.

you're just paranoid, he told himself and got into bed.

➢➣➢

i know nothing about coma's so i don't know if a week would worry doctors or not but?

thank you to everyone who reads this, comments and votes, and thank you to @pokemuke for the idea, i love writing this(: