Thunderclap and Flash

"(Y/N)!"

I turned towards the call, and see Zenitsu and Tanjiro running towards me.

I've never felt more relief than I've ever had in my life, I caught myself thinking I would run into his arms but quickly smothered the thought. This felt like a "Knight in Shining Armor" cliché.

But to no surprise, as soon as Zenitsu saw the monster, he quickly yelled and hid behind a tree.

The monster forgot all about me, and crawled towards Tanjiro and Zenitsu.

"EEEYAA! NO! DON'T COME THIS WAY!" He ducked from view, so much for knight in shining armor...

Tanjiro drew his sword and got into stance, as the monster got closer, he preformed water strike, cutting off the monsters legs.

I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings and didn't notice the second monster about to attack me, "(Y/n)! Look out!" Tanjiro tried to save me but the monster he was fighting kept him busy.

The air around me began to vibrate, the ground also. Cracks began to form in the earth underneath me. A bright light shone and out from the tree came Zenitsu, then in the blink of an eye, the monster that was about to attack me was beheaded, a line of lightning passing through it's neck, a boom right after.

The monster fell to its knees and behind it revealed the supposedly cowardly loser, Zenitsu.

Something was off about him, his eyes were closed and his aura completely changed, he felt... really damn strong.

In the midst of my inner compliment, his eyes shot open, and looked around in confusion.

Tanjiro had finished off the other monster, and they both began to disintegrate.

But let me tell you, Zenitsu actually looked pretty cool, that boom sounded familiar, back from when we were in the mansion?

"Zenitsu!" I called out, finally standing on my two feet. I ran towards him.

"Zenitsu! What the heck was that?! That was so cool!" I smiled.

"Huh? What was cool?-EYAAAAA!!!!! WHY IS THAT MONSTER DYING?!??! AH. (Y/N)-CHAN DID YOU BEAT IT UP? WOAAAAAH YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOU WERE SO STRONG! YOU GOTTA PROTECT ME UNTIL WE GET MARRIED!!" He cried out and embraced me.

"H-hey! You're getting snot all over my haori!" I pushed him away, my face flourishing a thousand flowers...a metaphor.

But in the midst of all this comedic situation, a mild hint of...malice? Was in the air.

I turned towards the source, and...

Tanjiro?

(Ha u thought, this chapters too short to end and I owe y'all one)

The source was indeed coming from him-but he had the same old smile...was it just my imagination? Yeah, it has to be. There's no way Tanjiro can feel anything like that, and facing us.

I didn't realize I would flinch when he began walking towards us.

"Zenitsu, didn't you hear her? Let go now," he still had that smile and he picked up the crying boy once more by his haori.

"A-ah...right, sorry (Y/n)-chan." He sniffed.

"Oh it's no problem, you did save me from an evil bunny monster after all."

"When did I do that?" Oh right, for some reason this boy has... a multiple personality disorder? No, it's more like hypnosis. So whenever he switched back to normal he can't remember what he's done in that state.-noted.

"Oh we should get back to Inosuke, who knows what he'll door he wakes up without us to keep him in check." They follow my suggesting and we leave the monsters to disappear.

As we walked back, I was still a little shaken up about the whole monster thing, my eyes remained on the floor and my fist were clenched unknowingly, Zenitsu must've noticed because he secretly held my hand with the coverage of our haori's.

I'm a bit surprised, Zenitsu's face was flushed and he was looking away, I would've thought he didn't have the endurance to not squeal and jump around saying, 'I HELD HER HAND, I HELD HER HAND!!!' But he's quite composed.

"Thanks..." I smiled and whispered, his face turns redder as he staggeringly replies with 'no problem'.

(Unedited)

(A/N)
Thanks for all of the comments guys, the funeral is over now and I'm heading back to Canada tomorrow, I've already skipped a whole week of school so I have a lot to catch up on

Ahhh I really don't wanna go back I acc hate Catholic schools and their dumbass uniforms.

There is a 13 hr time difference between Taiwan and Canada, it's currently 12:28 am for me rn, wby?