Something Amazing

It took awhile but Masakari's arms grew back and we wandered off to an area that smelled probably worse than Wisteria flowers, and that's coming from me which means if Tanjiro smelled this he'd probably fall into a coma.

"Ugh! That smells like someone stuffed two rotting corpses up my nose what the heck is that?!" I pinched my nose, unable to ensure the scent.

"I think that's one of the spider family members, he looks like a giant spider with a human head." Masakari followed suit.

"That's really gross what is he doing that's causing the smell?" She didn't need to say anything because as we parted the tree leaves to the open area, I already knew what the source was.

"(Y/n)?! Is that you?!?! Help me please!!!"

"Oh my god..." My eyes weren't glued to the screaming Zenitsu that was on top of a tree clinging on for his dear life but the humans that were hanging from spider webs like clothes on a clothing line.

Some has spider limbs, hairless and unmoving, some were still human and some were writhing in pain as I see their limbs transform into that of a spiders. And in the middle of this mess was a GIANT spider with a human head, just like Masakari said.

"I've seen worse, come on (Y/n), lets go." Masakari was about to just leave when I held onto her kimono. "No, wait, my friend is danger!"

She looks at Zenitsu who looked like he was about to pass out, little spiders with human heads crawled up the tree.

"NOOO DON'T CLIMB UP HERE! GIVE ME A SECOND! GIVE ME A SECOND, PLEASE!!!" He cried.

"If he's actually a Demon Hunter worth being in the Corps, he wouldn't be crying like a little baby. Weaklings die, big deal." (DARLING IN THE FRANXX MEME) She scoffed without batting an eye.

"That doesn't mean I can just leave him there! would you leave your friend just because they're weak?"

"Yeah?"

"YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO RESPOND THAT QUICKLY!" I sighed, "remember the deal? You said you'd help me,"

"Ugh, you still remember that?" She slumped.

Another scream form Zenitsu and a thump was heard, I quickly look to see Zenitsu falling from the tree, "CRAP, ZENITSU WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!" I was about to go catch him until Masakari stopped me.

"What're you?-"

"Shh, you're about to witness something amazing, trust me." She smiled, it didn't carry any mischief, so I hesitantly kept still.

A noise which sounded like a quiet 'shhh' echoed throughout the area, and Zenitsu's aura completely changed, it was the same feeling from last time! It seems as though time had slowed as he reached for his sword.

The giant spider spat purple steaming acid towards him but he twisted his whole body to dodge, "Since when can he move like that?" I awed.

"Thunder Breathing, First Form." I noticed his eyes were closed. I'm guessing he passed out on that tree that's why he fell, which also means he was in what I call his 'Unconscious state' even though he was still wide awake.

The spider kept spitting acid at him which he kept dodging, resuming the first form stance.

This wasn't my first time seeing the Thunderclap and Flash, but for some reason I gain the same amount of excitement every time I know it's coming!

Zenitsu began to spit out blood, presumably from the poison and the spider commanded his minions to pile on Zenitsu and give him another dose.

"Ewww...that's so disgusting!" Masakari winced, she wasn't wrong though.