Near Accident

As we reached the entrance we saw the kids hiding behind their big brother, and the thing they were hiding from...

Yeah, Inosuke.

His eyes(?) shot towards Tanjiro and pointed at him, "YOU! FIGHT ME!" His obnoxious voice sang throughout the forest, and in all honesty I kind of wanted to shut him up.

"No! You're injured!" Tanjiro replied, the repeated argument went on while Zenitsu and I just sat and watched.

"(Y/n)-chan?" The yellow haired boy starts.

"Yeah?" I said, not taking my eyes off the two arguing boys.

"Are you not going to pry about what happened?" His tone was a bit...sad, with a hint of curiosity. I thought he didn't remember what happened?

"Nah, you seemed sad about it, I don't think I should bring it up if you're not comfortable about it." Even though I wasn't looking, I could tell his face brightened up in a surprised manner.

"How did you know I was uncomfortable?"

"When you held my hand, you squeezed, almost as you're telling me that you're afraid, confused, sad. I don't know what happened to make you like that, but I think it's a very cool way of hiding your fears and bring out your best in battle." I looked at him.

He didn't speak, he wasn't saying anything, not even a peep. He suddenly engulfed me in a hug, sniffing and his body twitching, poor boy, what was his childhood like?

"It's ok, there's no need to cry, you should be proud!" I give him an encouraging pat on the back.

We finally pull apart, right as the yelling boys end their second argument with Tanjiro heading inside the mansion again, later bringing back two limping bodies.

"Tanjiro, what're you doing?" I ask.

"I'm gonna give them a proper burial, they don't deserve to rot in a place like that," he tilts his head, eyes closed and giving us a kind smile.

"Oh, I'll help!" I stood up, brushing off the dirt from my Haori

Zenitsu stood up after me, "I guess I will too."

I turn back to look at the clueless pighead, "Inosuke-san, can you help us?" I kindly try to ask, the sweetness dripping from my words disgusted me a little, surprising, even.

"Hah?! What makes you think that I! The Great God of The Mountains! Inosuke-Sama! Will help little runts like you?! BAHAHAHAHAHA" He laughs loudly, ok I was stupid I shouldn't have tried anyway.

"Oh, you must be tired! It's okay, just rest for now, I understand if you can't do it!" My mouth opened a little in shock, there was NO WAY he didn't do that on purpose....but his eyes tells otherwise.

Zenitsu and I covered our ears before the volcano erupted.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!?!?!" 

Inosuke jumped up and started yelling before running into the house, coming back with three more bloodied bodies.

"BAHAHAHAH!! See Monjiro?!?!? I can carry more than you!!" I was really starting to get tired of his yelling.

"Wow! Congratulations!" Tanjiro innocently clapped.

---------------------

We buried the bodies together with the kids, the more...mangled bodies we buried by ourselves.

Before I knew it, my mouth started to drool. I quickly wiped it away before anybody could see but Tanjiro was really observant.

"(Y/n)-san, are you okay? You can take a break if you want?"

"No, no, it's okay. I'm just not quite used to seeing so many dead bodies...haha," I used that as a curb excuse so the kids wouldn't find out.

My answer didn't satisfy him, but he reluctantly let me continue the burial.

I barely managed to get through prayer before I stood up and speed walked over to a nearby tree, panting and drooling at the same time.

"(Y/n)-chan?" Zenitsu grabbed my shoulder before I slapped his hand away, "GET AWAY FROM ME!!" My veins popped and I fell to my knees.

"Please...I don't want to hurt you," I covered my nose with my haori.

"Zenitsu, come on," Tanjiro ushered him away, despite him wanting to help as well, the least they could do was leave me be for a bit.

-------------------------

(Third person pov)

Tanjiro and Zenitsu talked to the kids about how they will manage to get home, they reassures they knew the way.

The kids were more concerned about the sickly-looking (Y/n) but Tanjiro just told them that the blood moon had risen. They didn't understand but once they were older they will.

The crow started doing the annoying squawking again before it told the older brother to put out his hands and it disgusting puked something onto his palms.

"It's a charm?" Tanjiro and Zenitsu questioned.

"It's filled with Wisteria flowers! Keep it on ya to ward off demons! KAW." It said.

Despite the fact they were still shaken up about the whole thing plus a screaming crow, they were brave little kids and that brought a smile to the two boys faces as they waved goodbye to each other.

Once they could see them safely pass the road, Zenitsu worryingly went back to (Y/n), who had calmed down by then and sat leaning against the tree, legs tucked and all.

"Feeling better?" He asked, smiling.

"Mm" She blankly responded, her face still pale.

"Hey let's quickly head to our next destination, the crow says we're staying at the Wisteria estate," Tanjiro notified.

"Yes, finally! A break! Come on (Y/n)!" He reached his hand our to (Y/n) who gladly took it, a smile also reaching her face.

"Yeah, let's go!"

(Unedited)

(A/n)

Wahhhhh it's been so long, sorry fellas.

But happy late Chinese New Year! The rats are here and so is the corona virus, stay safe people in Asia 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏