5 - promise (making)

so this chapter was 2500 words and i needed to split it...

also: i hated breaking up sope, BUT they'd have to be broken up to have our dramatic reunion at the wedding

i'm curious: who's "fault" was the breakup, in your opinion?

🐱 Yoongi?

🌻 Hoseok?

🙄 or they're both being dumb?

also, warning: this may hurt

August 15, 2016 - 1:27pm

[ i'm so sorry hobiiiiiiii, i can make it better!!!!!]

Hoseok waited in terribly uncomfortable chairs at the airport, listening for the boarding announcement for his flight. The girls flew out a day earlier, the eldest member, An-Hye, was fluent in English and could help the others enjoy some sight-seeing in Los Angeles before Hoseok arrived and became the cheerful slave-driver that he was.

He scrolled through his phone absentmindedly, periodically coming across something associated with Yoongi. A picture, an ad for their favorite diner.

The night he'd found his box of belongings unceremoniously returned on his doorstep, Hoseok flipped repeatedly between extreme sadness and fuming anger.

He went straight to Yoongi's apartment, trying to calm himself down in the car but it was useless.

Were they so easy to stop believing in that Yoongi could just... pack him up in a box as if he were... separate? Disposable? And not woven into the very fabric of his being like Yoongi had become to him?

Yoongi refused to see him that night and for the coming weeks, and though Hoseok knew his boyfriend - his ex-boyfriend - wasn't avoiding him out of malice, he couldn't help but become more hurt and angry.

As a last-ditch effort to get some closure, Hoseok invited Yoongi to grab dinner the night before his flight. The older agreed and Hoseok was filled with the hope that they could at least part as friends.

But Hoseok found himself sitting in their favorite diner, well past the time they'd agreed to meet - which he tried not to read too much into in the moment, because Yoongi was late to everything - when he received a text.

YOONGI:

I'm so sorry