14 - kiss me at midnight

.December 31, 2019 - 11:50pm

Yoongi lay down in bed next to Hoseok waiting for his eyes to drift closed, for his body to be lulled into calm.

Sleep had never been a problem for him before. He could drink three cups of black coffee and go straight to sleep at any time of day. Namjoon would often tell him that this fact alone was what was fundamentally wrong with him as a person. And then Yoongi would respond with a gummy smile and a, "Fuck you, man."

But tonight, after... everything, he just couldn't fall asleep.

Cigarettes buried in the snow. Music thumping from the ongoing wedding celebration down below. The ticking of the clock in Hoseok's hotel room.

These nagging distractions prevented him from drifting. Thoughts, instead, were running rampant in his mind.

But another sound came to his attention: a faint noise from Hoseok in his sleep.

Yoongi turned in Hoseok's arms, which instinctively drew him closer and the rapper watched him sleep for a few moments, much like he used to when... when they were together.

Were they together now?

They hadn't exactly talked about it yet and the thought of that conversation sent panic and hope swirling through the rapper's chest, building up and overwhelming him.

A sudden blaring noise filled the room and Hoseok was pulled from his sleep with a start, reaching for his phone.

"Sorry. Alarm."

"You set an alarm?"

Hoseok, cheek decorated with soft lines from where the bunched up pillowcase imprinted on his face in his sleep, looked over to the rapper with tired eyes. The question seemed to click and he answered slowly, sleepily.

"In... case you wanted... to count down to midnight."

Yoongi broke into a gummy smile at this, because of course Hoseok would set an alarm so they wouldn't sleep past midnight...

"Shut up," the taller man tugged the rapper into another tight embrace and pulled the blankets around them.

"So do you? Want to count down?" Yoongi asked, voice muffled in the bedsheets pulled nearly to his nose.

"I'd like to. But I think your clothes are a bit too fucked up to go downstairs," the dancer glanced to where Yoongi's clothes were piled on the floor, shirt missing all but two buttons.

He couldn't go downstairs wearing that.

Yoongi laughed, "We can just count down up here. Time still exists in this room."

"Does it though?"

Did time exist at all when they were together?

They continued to lay in silence, Hoseok tracing shapes onto Yoongi's arm, Yoongi closing his eyes and traveling to the countless moments they'd spent just like this.

Hoseok, always the one to break any silence, cleared his throat, "So have you thought of a resolution?"