Alarm Bells

The alarm bells still clatter mindlessly, seeming to reflect Wang's inner state. He is shock, unable to get a grip on what just happened. He just ran the biggest ship in history into an iceberg on its maiden voyage. 

He turns stiffly to Sungchul. "Note the time. Enter it in the log."

Captain Kye rushes out of his cabin onto the bridge, tucking in his shirt. "What was that, Mr. Wang?"

"An iceberg sir. I put her hard a' starboard and run the engines full astern, but it was too close. I tried to port around it, but she hit - and I -"

The Captain cuts the anxious Sixth Officer off. "Close the emergency doors."

"The doors are closed." 

Together they rush out onto the starboard wing, and Wang points. Kye looks into the darkness aft, then wheels around to Fourth Officer Hyun. "Find the Carpenter and get him to sound the ship."

In steerage, Hoseok comes out into the hall to see what's going on. He sees dozens of rats running toward him in the corridor, fleeing the flooding bow. Hoseok jumps aside as the rats runs by. "Jesus Christ!"

In his stateroom Jungkook gets out of his top bunk in the dark and drops down to the floor, ankles splashing in some water. "Cor! What the hell-?!"

He turns on the light. The floor is covered with three inches of freezing water, and more coming in. He shakes Seokjin awake, who was asleep on the lower bunk and pulls the door open, stepping out into the corridor, which is flooded. Hoseok is running towards them, yelling something is Korean. Jungkook, Hoseok and Jin start pounding on doors, getting everybody up and out. The alarm spreads in several languages.

In First Class a couple of people have come out into the corridor in robes and slippers. A Steward hurries along, reassuring them. 

"Why have the engines stopped? I felt a shudder?" Exclaims a woman. 

"I shouldn't worry, ma'am." The Steward begins to explain. "We've likely thrown a propeller blade, that's the shudder you felt. May I bring you anything?" 

Pom Hyo brushes past them, walking fast and carrying an armload of rolled up ship's plans.

゛・。☆。・゛★゛・。☆。・゛★゛・。☆。・゛★゛・。☆。・゛★゛・。

Yoongi and Jimin are leaning over the starboard rail, looking at the hull of the ship.

"Looks okay. I don't see anything." Says Yoongi.

"Could it have damaged the ship?" Jimin asks.

"It didn't seem like much of a bump. I'm sure we're okay." Yoongi tries to reassure.

Behind them a couple of steerage guys are kicking the ice around the deck, laughing.

゛・。☆。・゛★゛・。☆。・゛★゛・。☆。・゛★゛・。☆。・゛★゛・。

Hoseok, Jungkook and Jin are in a crowd of steerage men clogging the corridors, heading aft away from the flooding. Many of them have grabbed suitcases and duffel bags, some of which are soaked.

"If this is the direction the rats were runnin', it's good enough for me." Seokjin states.

Ho Sungchul, dressed in pajamas under the topcoat, hurries down the  B Deck corridor, headed for the bridge. An officious steward names Barnes comes along the other direction, getting the few concerned passengers back into their rooms. "There's no cause for alarm. Please, go back to your rooms."