ᴏɴᴇ - [ᴅᴏɢ ᴅᴀʏꜱ]

"I don't know you people

"I don't know you people."

[ dog days ]

I've been running for days, keeping myself moving. If I were to stay in one place too long bad things would happen. Always keep moving, that's what I tell myself especially with this outbreak.

I've been on my own for a couple days, since I lost Chema. Couple of those things got him, they ripped him out of my arms. I had him! I had him and then I didn't.

My mother and Father died first, when we were still at our house. Rositá never made it back to us. And so it was just Chema and I, now it's just me.

I'm all alone trying to survive, why am I trying? I don't know...maybe because I know in my heart that Rositá is still out there somewhere.

Ah, the sweet comfort of that word.

Somewhere.

Coming up on a highway I hike through it the piled up traffic, scavenging what I could. Until I heard it, the walking corpses moaning and groaning.

"Shit!" I whispered running quickly into the car, laying flat across the back seat. Holding my gun to me closely.

There were three of them, i didn't have a chance.

I closed my eyes hoping they would just pass by But of course with my shitty luck, just as expected one of them spotted me and began to bang on the car window, attracting the others. "Fuck you." I muttered Cocking back the pistol.

The cracked window of the car shattered an in came the corpse, trying to scratch at me.

"Get off of me! Jodida cabeza de mierda (fucking shit head)!" I grunted kicking it in the head.

Without my knowledge a fourth one shows up grabbing me by the hair, forcing me to drop my gun.

They were really doing me in. Grabbing a piece of shattered glass, I shouldn't be surprised that the glass sliced through my palm.

I winced, shaking it off and Wasting no time i stabbed the one behind me in the head, grunting as I pushed it off of me, the blood from its head dripping onto mine, the smell was deadly, it made my stomach twist in knots.

Kicking the corpse once more i scrambled to the gun on the ground, picking it up. I turned off the safety and went to town, shooting the other three. Those were my last bullets.

Shit.

Dropping the gun to my lap in exhaustion, i panted heavily, I was dehydrated, I was hot, and now I was loosing a lot of blood and overall I was Tired.