ꜱɪx - [ ʙᴜᴍᴘ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ]

"Your right, who the hell am I?"

[ bump in the night ]

Once they had retrieved all their belongings from the vehicles, the group was led through the CDC by the man they had met in the lobby. Lyra had learned that his name was Dr. Edwin Jenner and he was the only sole survivor to outlive the rest of his colleagues.

This information was enough to send her curiosity over the edge once more as she attempted to figure out what had gone wrong with this place.

Something just simply wasn't sitting right. Lyra had always trusted her gut and she wasn't about to give up on it now. "Why do you need to do a blood test if none of us are bitten? I'm sure our word is enough."

"I'm sure it is." Jenner assured "But I've broken nearly every rule in the book just by letting you in here. Let me just at least be thorough."

"So what happened here? The outside looks like a total shit show." Lyra asked, unable to control her prying questions. The man sighed, inserting the needle into her arm. Making her tense up, her eyes shooting daggers at him.

"Let's just say not even the military could prevent this mess. They tried and in return they lost their lives." Lyra watched as the Velvet liquid ran from her arm and into the tube, a tingly feeling now apparent as he removed the needle.

"Thanks." She muttered sarcastically.

The small blood sample was enough to make her weaker than before, as she rose to her feet Lyra paused in her tracks, suddenly feeling light headed and needing a moment to regain full focus.

Jaqui held onto her arm, steadying her before helping the brunette over to the seating.

"You okay?"

"She hasn't eaten in days. None of us have." Jaqui explained.

Once Lyra stumbled into the seat, she noticed Shane sending her a worried glance, she gave him a reassuring nod assuring him that she was okay before sitting down beside Andrea.

As the rest of the group went one by one to get their blood tested, Lyra turned to Andrea, unable to resist telling her about her doubts.

"Something doesn't feel right." Andrea frowned. "What do you mean?"

"I mean...this guy isn't being straight with us. Any questions we've asked about this place he's dodged and changed the subject, don't you find that a little....off?" Lyra explained in a hushed tone so no one else could hear.

The blonde nodded " I know what you mean. It seems to me like he's trying to hide from something. Maybe what happened here is still haunting him. I mean I can't blame him, it looks like he's had it rough."

They both stared at the man as he spoke to T-Dog, taking his blood before they glanced back to each other.

"But then again so have we. I'm just glad we've found somewhere where those...things can't get to us you know." Lyra understood where she was coming from, even though she had her doubts she was grateful that she could walk freely without having to worry about any danger lurking behind every turn.