ᴛᴡᴏ - [ʙɪᴛᴄʜ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ]

"Wow

"Wow. You sure do hit like a bitch."

[ bitch Made ]

The next morning...

Getting up, Lyra slips on her mom jeans, pairing them with a cropped blue and gray baseball Tee. Stomping on her combat boots she hooked on her belt shoving her knife into the holster, she threw her bag over her shoulder raking her hands through her thick dark hair before leaving the tent.

Squinting her eyes trying to block out the bright sun as much as possible, she made her way down to camp.

Lyra, headed over to Shane's tent calls "Shane?"

scratching at the tent to get his attention if he was in there.

"Yeah?" He asked opening the tent to reveal his toned exposed upper body. "Oh—I—Ahem. Are you ready to go?"

Shane chuckled breathily, pulling the gray fitted king county police department shirt over his head, squinting one eye.

"Yep I'm ready. Let's go."

Lyra didn't notice how he looked her over; he likes her short build, he liked how her dark hair complimented her olive skin. He was almost attracted to the way that her voice rasped when she spoke.

She was attractive to him, hot even. And Lyra, she thought the same about him, she was obsessed with his nose that had obviously been broken one too many times, she liked the way he carried himself and how his smile weakened her.

But would she ever tell him that? No. Absolutely not.

"You get a good nights sleep?" Shane broke the silence. To tell the truth, no she didn't. She never did, she was terrified of what went bump in the night, she had night terrors about it. She hated sleeping alone. "Yeah, slept great...you?"

"Nah, damn crickets kept me up.."

She chuckled "Night singers..."

Shane gave her a puzzled look. "My sister and I called them night singers as kids, our older brother javi told us that their song is supposed to keep away all the bad dreams while you sleep, that's why we only hear them a night." Lyra explained as they finally reached the jeep. "Night singers huh?"

"Just a old folktale." She shrugged. "Mmm, you like those?"

Lyra sighed "they remind me of my little sister...she loved them. So in a way, yeah. I do."