ꜰɪᴠᴇ - [ ᴀ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ]

"I just hope he's happy

"I just hope he's happy..."

[ A chance ]

Lyra and Shane had been following close behind the RV, the woman had gotten comfortable with him. She liked to be around him, it made her feel a little less like she was a lost cause.

The doe eyed woman gazed at Shane as he drove, his face was so interestingly beautiful to her.

She definitely would have got to him in the world before, she wondered what he looked like in a suit. She remembered the first time she'd seen him in his police uniform 6 months ago, she liked to picture him that way.

"Staring?" He asked she rolls her eyes "more like imaging you in a life before all this." She says, stretching her legs across his lap, his arm resting on her knee. "You thinking bout me baby?"

"Why do you make me regret my words Walsh?" She snorts. "I'm only teasing." Shane admits.

"How do you think we would have met...you know before the world went to shit?"

Shane clicked his tongue and thought, thought about how he would have ran into the beauty that was Lyra Espinosa. " I think we would have met at a bar, I would be having drinks with Rick after a long day of kicking ass, and then I'd see you ordering a bourbon on rocks because I think your a bourbon kind of girl."

"That I am." She hummed, digging in her bag she pulled out the Polaroid camera snapping a picture of Shane.

"Did you—"

"Yes, but please just continue this wonderful story." She shushed, Shane snorts. "Anyway, I'd see you drink that bad boy down and I'd look to Rick and he'd already be looking at me, and he'd say "go get her." Cause he would already know that you are my kinda gal, wanna know why?"

"Hmm?"

"Because you know what you want, that's true confidence and that's sexy." Shane whistled, Lyra only smiled at the man.

"I would offer to buy you a drink you'd turn me down and then we would talk and you'd pull me out to dance, we dance and you would give me your number and the rest would be history." Shane finished running his thumb over Lyra's knee. She wondered if that had been true if they'd last.

She didn't know everything about Shane but she did feel like she knew enough of him. "Shane Walsh...hmm you know I didn't take you for a rom-com kinda guy"

Lyra joked with a girlish laugh following after. Shane shaking his head. "You think we're gonna be okay?" The woman asked on a serious note, "you think the CDC is working on a cure? and this will all just be over?"

Shane didn't want to shoot her down so bluntly as he wanted, but Shane knew there wasn't a cure, and he knew there wasn't any fixing this. Fixing this apocalyptic break in the world.