ᴇɪɢʜᴛ - [ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ᴅᴇꜰᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ʜᴇʀ]

"It's Not what you say Shane, it's how you say it

"It's Not what you say Shane, it's how you say it."

[ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ᴅᴇꜰᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ʜᴇʀ]

The drive was silent, Lyra didn't have anything to say the Shane. Not after knowing he still loved Lori.

"Your mad? your giving me the silent treatment now?"

"Not at all you just haven't said anything so if you won't, neither will I." Lyra snapped back instantly, not caring if she came off as snarky or sour. Shane chuckled gruffly and clutched the steering wheel. "We having our first fight?" He teased.

"Now is not the time to crack jokes Walsh." Lyra muttered rolling her eye. "Look I'm sorry that I just don't feel that way yet!"

Her eyes widened and so did his upon seeing hers. "Shane you can't say that! You are just making it worse! Why do all men have this concept on not reading into what they are gonna say before they say it?!"

"I didn't think It would hurt your feelings you said you aren't mad!" He blabbed back making her blood boil with frustration.

"Eres tan jodidamente inconsciente? ¡mi mamá me advirtió! ella trató de advertirme! ¡dios! (are you that fucking oblivious?! my mother warned me! she tried to warn me! god!)"

She snapped in her native tongue, her eyes ablaze. "Wow you are just, so sexy." He hummed jokingly, to be fair he did love when she spoke Spanish, but right now he knew it would piss her off. "Idiot...I'm in love with an idiot." Lyra muttered.

Turning her head, Lyra noticed the RV slowing down, sticking her head out of the window to further investigate. Her brown eyes squinted as she inspected the on-coming traffic build up, abandoned cars filling up the highway. And their only way through.

"Shit." Shane grunts turning off the jeep. the two got out the car and walked to the RV seeing the others outside.

"Uh, maybe we should just go back." She heard Glenn suggest. "There's an interstate bypass-"

"We can't spare the fuel."

"So what's going on?" Lyra asked for clarification.

"Roads blocked. Daryl's trying to find a way through but I-" Just before Dale could finish his Sentence, a large puff of white smoke followed by a popping sound appeared from the bonnet, causing Lyra to jump at the suddenness.

"I said it. A thousand times - dead in the water."

"Problem, Dale?"

"Oh, just the small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope."

As Dale looked away from the hood of the RV he looked to Daryl who was already rummaging through the heaps of abandoned items in the trunk of one of the cars.