Dutch Van der linde: Hot day

its hot at camp and you want to have some fun in the lake 

It was a hot day at the camp, the girls were in short dresses, fanning themselves quickly as they sweat more even with the fans. The men had no shirts on their body seemingly sun burnt, not that the women were complaining about the view.

 You sat in the shade, your own fan doing nothing for you. Your head laid against the tree trunk as you sat on the ground, your eyes were closed from the blaring sun as chatter began to stir. You opened an eye to see Arthur making his way next to you. "share the shade" he mumbled and sat against the same tree. You began to fan the both of you, your arms sticking together from sweat. 

"I'm honestly ready to jump into the lake" He said. You only nodded along with him, to exhausted to speak. "I don't see why we can't its right there and nothing is wrong if we cool down" You said. "I guess dutch doesn't want someone to drown" he said nudging you playfully knowing you knew he meant John. 

____________

It was still hot as it was noon. You groaned and stood up walking over to the edge of the shore. You stared at the water before giving it a glare. "Ya know what. Fuck it!" You exclaimed, walking over to your tent as eyes watched you. Everyone waited before you came out in your tight pants and blouse before taking a run and jumping into the lake. The ladies squealed as you splashed them your head popping up as you laughed.

"come in. It feels amazing!" you yelled at your friends. No one moved except Arthur who took his shoes and guns and other things leaving him in his pants before jumping in with you laughing. "(Y/n) Arthur what are you doing!" Dutch yelled seeing you both in the lake. 

"cooling off, Maybe you should join us!" you said smiling after seeing Mary-Beth jump in next to you. "I don't want to see anyone hurt or its on you" he said, sighing knowing he would be out matched arguing. 

the rest of the gang soon joined in and laughter rang through the camp. a water fight soon broke out between you and tilly, you both laughing as you splashed each other. Dutch walked out seeing you smile and laugh as you swam in the lake, your hair sticking to your face. Dutch smiled softly and light a cigar and leaned against the post on the ground watching you. 

____

Your eyes glanced over to Dutch as you smirked and sunk down swimming over to him and waving him over to the pier. You watched as he made his way towards you, you noticed he didn't have his guns on him or his normally fancy suit. You leans your arms on the pier and smiled as his crouched down. "You enjoying yourself darlin?" he asked, taking a puff from his cigar. "much better than being in that sun'' you spoke, your hands coming to play with his larger ones. Dutch smiled and brought a hand up, kissing your knuckles. "I'm gonna head back and keep an eye on everyone sweetheart" he said and patted your head begining to walk away. You smirked and set your plan in motion. 

"hey dutch!" you spoke and before he could turn fully around a wave of water splashed his face. Everyone froze as you watched him wipe away the water, giving you a death stare. You shrunk down and started to run away in the water when you saw Dutch begin to take his shoes off. "I'm sorry!!" You yelled as you felt the water move behind you. 

"run (L/n)" Javier laughed from his spot on the shore. "not so fast" you heard dutch say as he lifted you up from the water. You gave a sheepish smile before you squealed from being thrown into the water. Your head popped up as you heard Dutch's laugh ring out. "I hope next time you don't try that again sweetheart" He said and began to make his way out of the lake.

_________

The day carried on with everyone laughing and having fun until it was time to leave. Everyone stood around the fire, Dutch wrapped you in a small blanket like towel to keep you warm, his arms wrapping around your frame from behind. "I hope you had fun today you trouble maker" he said, his hair curly from drying. You sent him a smile before standing on your tiptoes and giving him a small kiss. 

"I did and thanks for joining even if it was to throw me" you said as you as you decided to make your way to your shared tent, closing the canvas to start changing. "Not a problem darlin'" he said, turning his back to you to give you privacy. You wrapped your arms around his back and smiled as he looked down at you. 

You both layed on the cot as you yawned and snuggled your way into his chest, Dutch's hands rubbed your waist and back as you began to doze off from wearing yourself out. Dutch smiled and kissed your head, mumbling a good night as he began to drift off as well and before you knew it, everyone was off to bed and asleep.

___________________

This chapter sucked but its my first major chapter so I hope you liked it. I hope to get some requests soon. I'll see you guys later. Bye bye!