Dutch Van Der Linde: Betrayel

Dutch x daughter reader

When the Pinkertons show up, you have to choose your own path. Will you choose to run with your father, or become a better person with Arthur and John

It was a nice day, anyone would have thought that nothing bad would have came from such a nice day, but you knew better. Something in your gut told you that this was the calm before the storm. The camp had began to go to hell recently. You would see it as everyone started to leave for a better life. You knew you were a fool for staying. Hell, Arthur told you to leave and do something with your life, but you couldn't bring yourself to leave while your father was falling on hard times. 

You could see Dutch losing his mind. Everyday it was "i have a plan" or "one more score". You wanted to help him get better. But every time you tried, that snake Micah would get into his head and make him ignore your please so you stayed by your fathers side and helped him the best you could. You knew something bad was coming in the next few days, something in the wind and your gut said so. Arthur thought so too especially with the way Dutch had been acting after he broke John out of prison. 

"Hey dad, Can we talk?" you asked, poking your head into the tent. "of course sweetheart" he said, ushering you in. You closed the tent flaps and sat on his bed. "whats the matter?" he asked. You fidgeted with your thumbs. "when will this be over? When will we be able to settle down. for real this time" You asked, placing your hand on his larger ones. "(Y/n), You know I'm trying my best. I- we, Just need one more big score then its off to a tropical island for us" he said. You only sighed, one more big score. That's what he had told you for years. 

"Dad...I want to believe but everyday is getting harder and Micah isn't helping our situation" you frowned at him. Dutch sighed and looked at his hand. "here. as a promise that everything will turn out fine. I'll have you keep this" he said, Taking one of his rings off and  it on your smaller hands. You shook your head with a small smile and fiddled with the larger ring. "i'll trust you. okay?" you said, looking up at him making him smile. "that's my girl" he said and kissed your forehead. "now go get some lunch" he shooed you off and went back to reading his book. 

The rest of the day went by smoothly, you felt at peace almost but something told you to go talk to Arthur so that's what you did. You sat beside him on the rock on the outs of camp. "hey Arthur" you said "Hello (y/n)" He greeted back, whittling a piece of wood. "Arthur....do you think...do you think Dads going crazy?" you asked. Arthur stopped for a bit. "you want my honest opinion?" he said. You nodded, making him sigh. "(Y/n), listen. Dutch is beyond help now. His mind is no longer working and his only path is going to lead to his death and if your not careful...He's going to lead to your death as well" he said. 

You frowned, was your father really this bad. Arthur noticed your look and nudged you. "hey, maybe things will turn out okay but if not. I'm always here and so are John and Abigail. So you ain't gotta worry kid" he said and ruffled your hair, getting up and walking away. You sighed and looked down at the ring in your finger before pulling it off and stuffing it in your pocket. Maybe, just maybe. things will be okay. 

What a damn fool you were. You don't know how it happened. Arthur had left to save Abigail, John was either dead or captured and Your dad was only worried about packing up and leaving. You didn't know what to think, everything was falling apart. Your family, your life, everything was fading and you couldn't do anything about it. You were fixing your horses straps when you heard hooves racing towards camp. You looked up to spot Arthur, your eyes widened as you jogged up to him. 

"what happened to Abigail?" you asked. "she's fine. but right now we have a problem" he said marching over to Dutch as you followed. Micah was yelling orders. "we got some talking to do Micah. You filthy rat" Arthur spoke, coughing a bit. "What you on about Cowpoke" Micah said, glaring. You looking at both of them, Dutch leaving his tent to see what the commotion was. "you talked" he said. "that's a goddamn lie" Micah spat. 

You began to put things together. "it all makes sense now" you spoke loudly, catching Micah's attention along with your fathers. Everyone began to pull their guns out. Your eyes widened. "you left me!" Johns voice spoke, Your head wiped around to see john limping, holding his arm. "you left me to die" He said. "My boy, I didn't have a choice" Dutch spoke. "you said he died" you spoke looking disbelieved. "You said he fell and died" your voice went quiet.  

"be quite you brat" Micah hissed. "you be quite Mr. Bell" Miss Grimshaw said "and put down your gun" she said, raising hers.  "theirs pinker-tons coming fast!" Javier exclaimed, causing Ms. Grimshaw to look away, giving Micah the chance to shoot her. You gasped and covered your mouth, running over the help. You tried to press down on the wound but to no avail. Ms. Grimshaw cried in pain. 

Dutch pulled out his guns. "Now! Who amongst you is with me" he said, circling to move to Micah's side "and who is against me" He said, pointing his guns at john and Arthur. You stood up, your eyes blurry with tears. Ms. Grimshaw handed you her gun weakly and nodded before her eyes went dull the life leaving her before your eyes. 

You stood up slowly, and pumped the shotgun loudly turning around with angry tears. "(Y/n). Sweetheart, hurry up over here" Dutch said, never taking his eyes off the two infront of him. "Shut up!" you yelled, pointing the gun at him and walking over the Arthur and John. "You only thought of yourself and only you. You want to choose a filthy fucking rat over your own family!" you yelled, hands clenching the guns. "(Y/n).." Dutch began but you were quick to cut him off. 

"NO! every time I get a little closer to getting your mind set straight you let Micah talk you into doing something stupid! I'm tired of being treated second best to some rat" You said, glaring at the man in front of you. You could see the look of disappointment and grief on your father face but it was no use. Your mind was already set. 

Before another word slipped out Pinkerton shows up then it became and all out brawl. You hid behind a box, unfortunately it was the same as Dutch. "darling listen, I tried to do what was best for you best for all of us" he said, standing up occasionally to fire. "Whats best for me? you did what was best for you and Micah. Your supposed to be my Dad. Your supposed to help me, not some rat who you don't even know that well" You said, giving him a sad look. "You promised me..." you mumbled and ran off when Arthur and John yelled for you. Dutch's gaze following as a tear slid down his cheek.

*time skip*

You panted as you three stood, taking a breath for a second. "Come on Arthur, (y/n), lets go" John said, a little ahead of you both. "what about the money? Abigail gave me a key" Arthur said. "I have a family, that's more important to me than money" he said, giving you a quick glance, seeing how you looked away when he said that. "Maybe your right" Arthur said, putting his hat back on "I'm coming with ya'll". You three began to run up the mountain, dodging bullets that whizzed by. 

"come on Arthur, Keep pushing" you said, waiting for him along with john. "no no" he coughed "I think i pushed long enough" he said. You frowned, stepping closer to him. "we don't have time for this. come on" "we aint all gonna make it" he said, taking his hat off and ruffling your hair before putting it on your head "I'll hold em off. You two go" he said. You covered your face with the hat, your throat clenching as you bit your lip not to cry.

"be a damn man, John" He said. You quickly wrapped your arms around Arthur and let out a chocked sob. "your the best older brother I've ever had" you mumbled against his jacket and pulled away so he could start climbing. 

 I know" he said, sending you one of his rare smiles. He began climbing more as John grabbed your arm and began to race down the hill. Your eyes were still blurry as you followed, Arthur's hat still on your head. You knew from this point on, you'd never see Arthur again.

*years later*

After the incident, The Marstons let you live on their ranch with them and that's what you did. You worked on the ranch and were visited frequently by Charles and Sadie but this time. Something bad was about to happen and you knew it had Dutch's Name written all over it.

_________________

A/n: I hope you liked this chapter. Its longer than what I'm used to but I like it and if you want a part two comment. thanks for reading!