3

the sun from your open curtains shone into your eyes, awaking you. you got up, throwing your spare bedding off your body. You quickly brushed your teeth and got dressed and head to the laundry room to grab your bedding. once you had thrown the heavy bedding into a basket, you carried it to your room leaving it on the ground. You grabbed your packed bag and head out of your room, locking your door on the way out.

 You grabbed your packed bag and head out of your room, locking your door on the way out

you were greeted by EJ and Slender in the 3rd floor living room. "whats up Slendaddy" you said as you tossed your bag at  EJ. "how many times do i have to tell you not to call me that, where'd you even learn that" slender gave you a disgusted look as EJ chuckled. "some fan girl account, any who, whats this mission about anyway." "i have assigned you two to spend two weeks looking into a sketchy hotel, the owners seem to be proxy hunters so please be careful." 

you gave slender a look of disgust. "i am NOT spending two weeks in a ratchet hotel with an idiot." EJ shot you a glare through his mask as slender just sighed. "child where do you even learn this slang."

you simply shrugged as you ruffled EJ's hair, earning a growl from him. "lets hit the road jack, ha! get it. because ya know, its a saying humans say." you got a blank stare in return as you sighed. "fine negative Nancy, lets just get this over with. you're driving though." 

*~*

a few hours had passed and you could feel your eyes getting heavier. Eventually you gave in and unbuckled. "i'm taking a nap in the back." you said simply and hopped into the back seat, careful not to kick EJ. you grabbed one of the blankets you had brought and quickly fell into yet another nightmare filled dream. 

when you finally awake from the flames you felt, cold. really cold. and wet. your eyes quickly adjusted to the dark as you saw yourself tied to a board. the board was standing above a tank of water. it didn't take long to realize your mouth was shut with duct tape. you began struggling to get free, but quickly saw the man coming towards you. "this here is my little buttercup, she tried running away today so of course she is being punished." you winced at the mans voice and could see the familiar camera light in his hand. 

trying to shrink away from him, you saw him place the camera on the tripod and walk over with a knife. squirming you tried to get out of his reach, only to fail. he walked behind you and cut the ropes holding you on the board, sending you into freezing cold water. As you tried swimming up, you quickly noticed he has tied cement balls to your ankles, weighing you down. you sunk down and down until you hit the bottom of the dark tank. 

you could see the camera light through the dark water, but that was all. you could no longer hear the mans sadistic laugh at least though. You could feel yourself starting to run out of oxygen and fast. you began banging on the glass, trying not to panic too much. you knew if you panicked you would run out of oxygen faster, and couldn't risk that. 

you were running out of oxygen and wouldn't be able to hold it any longer, your strength was leaving quickly and you were panicking. the water around you seemed to turn a yellow color. you could feel adrenaline kicking in as you began banging harder and harder on the glass. 

suddenly everything seemed to go black, you could feel yourself inhale water. it felt almost like swallowing boiling water, but hotter. you couldn't tell if you were crying, but you could feel yourself reacting somehow. Were you crying or was the water just playing tricks. you could feel hands on you and it brought you back into adrenaline mode. you yanked on the hands desperately trying to get out. what did you do to deserve this? you had been a good person all your life. why did you have to be kidnapped? you found yourself questioning why this was happening, was it your fault?

you jerked awake in a panicked state. You looked around the car to try to understand what was going on. Then, a voice seemed to snap you out of your state. "what the hell is going on back there? it sounded like someone was killing you." EJ said as you let out a sigh of relief. just a dream, a horrible, sick dream. 

"nothing." you replied plainly, hopping back into the passengers seat. "you woke up just in time, well be arriving at the hotel soon." you nodded and looked out the now dark window. how long were you sleeping? 

time seemed to pass quickly and soon you and EJ arrived at the hotel. you had to admit, this hotel was actually pretty decent. you hurried inside as EJ struggled to carry both of your bags. you checked in and head straight to your room. slender booked you two on the 6th floor, the elevator ride was pretty lonely but you made do. You hurried down the long hall of rooms stopping abruptly in front of your room. room 608. you opened the door and... you had to be joking.