20

One. year. its been one year since Ocus was last in this realm. you knew hell's time was much slower than yours. so to them it was only about 2 months. You walked by her door. her room hadn't been touched since she left. no one talked about her much anymore. The war had been dropped because of the mans death. it had been blamed on a wild animal because of the conditions and setting.

you had just gotten home from a mission with BEN, you head up to Jeff's room to see what he had planned for the day. You caught a glimpse of Ocus' room, a wave of sadness hit you as you just kept your head down, walking into Jeff's. 

Ocus' Pov

it had only been two months in hell since you had left the human realm. of course though times moves much slower here. you walked into the lobby of the building you worked in. You worked as Lucifer's receptionist. you had to account for new comers and keep track of who went where. 

You didn't mind it much, it was boring but at least you weren't living through your punishment. you had just gotten off lunch break, therefore you only had about another hour left of work. "Ocus?" Luc's voice caught you off guard as you looked up at him. "can you meet me in my office after your shift?" "uh, yeah." he simply nodded and walked away. odd, what could he possibly want to talk about?

*~*

you entered the huge office, Lucifer was sitting at his desk. You took a seat in front of his desk. "I've finally made my decision." he paused, as if waiting for a dramatic scene. "you can go back, under one condition." 

Jack's POV

you watched Jeff train in the training area, rarely missing a throw. "think she's coming back?" his question had caught you by surprise. Not many pastas talked about her anymore, it almost felt forbidden. "i have hope she will." "hope is all we have i guess." Jeff's tone was serious. He threw a knife at the tree, more aggressive than the others.  

*~*

??? POV

how many hours had it been? had it only been minutes? maybe even seconds. you couldn't tell, time seemed to freeze. you just stood there. it couldn't be. no. where even were you? you had ran until your legs given up, making you collapse in a random forest. it was so dark, when would day come? how many hours did you have left? you didn't have time to just lay here, you needed to find your way back now.

you began running again, you didn't know where you were or where you were going. you were just running. you held your arms out in front of you to avoid crashing into a tree. you were on limited time, there was no time to waste. you needed out of here. you just had to pray this was the right forest. 

you relied dependently on your smell and your conscious to lead you. You knew the smell you were looking for. Rotting, old, decay, mold, things people usually run from, not toward. maybe, maybe you could actually do it. Maybe. 

you stopped for a second to smell, the air still smelled of pine trees. you grunted and continued running. you could only hope this was the right way, there was no time to search the whole forest. 

faster, faster, faster, you told yourself over and over. you had to go faster. your head pounded with each step, throbbed almost. You felt like falling apart from the amount of stress you were under, but you didn't have time. run, run, run.