6 - Wolfsbane

Hongjoong and San raced back to the van upon the realization that they'd left you alone with Wooyoung on the side of the road near the woods

"Silver?" Hongjoong had asked aloud. "Wait, silver. SHIT, SILVER!"

San had heard footsteps behind them, thunderous and bone-shattering. He could smell the dog from a mile away. It was so strong, it felt like they were being watched. And they were. "I think it's time we go back," San told his friend and they both ran back at such an inhuman speed, they were nearly the speed of vampires. Disgusting fuckers.

When they made it back, they could hear the howls of another pack. Everyone was in the van already, they all heard it. You stood up from your seat at the end of the van and poked your head out a bit. "Is that a... wolf?"

Without answering your question, Hongjoong jumped into the front seat and San pushed you onto Yeosang's lap before jumping in the car and closing the door at the same time. "Drive," Jongho ordered and threw something onto you. It was wet, and it smelled like death with a muted sense to it. "It'll dry."

Yeosang could smell the scent of you wearing off. San had one of the most serious yet worried looks as he watched the road from the back window. You could hear the barking of animals behind you guys. You tried to swivel around and look, but Yeosang gathered enough courage to hold you in place with one arm on your waist and cover your eyes with his other hand.

"What's going on?" You asked.

Yeosang, relieved that your sweet scent was now very diluted with the scent of wolfsbane, rubbed circles into your side to calm you down. Upon a quick glance through the rear window, he could see two large werewolves chasing the van. "Yeosang Hyung, I'm gonna ask you to do something very dangerous. Roll down the window, and put Y/N's hand through it," Jongho, the most knowledgeable about things like this, requested.

Yeosang shook his head. "No way. Too dangerous," He protested. Jongho rolled his eyes and turned around with such ferocity that he could see Jongho's red eyes and enlarged canines.

"Do it," he ordered. Jongho often disregarded honorifics when they were in danger, since it took too much time to use them. Yeosang audibly gulped and pressed the button on the arm of the door with a down arrow. He released his arm from your waist and brought it to your wrist.

He delicately held your arm out of the window, making sure to wriggle your fingers.

He could smell his scent mixing well with the wolfsbane smell-alike. Although he enjoyed your regular scent mixing with his more, he didn't object to holding you.

When the wolves behind them smelled the wolf poison, they immediately halted in their running and began to retreat quickly. To them, it would've smelled like someone hunted a werewolf with wolfsbane.

When they ran away, Yeosang quickly brought your arm back in and closed the window. He kept his hand over your eyes, but brought his arm back to your waist. "I just wanted to go on a fucking road trip, but I guess I'm getting kidnapped by my classmate," you teasingly complained. "But seriously. That crap you threw on me smells like a cat's ass."

Jongho snickered. "How do you know what that smells like?"

"I'm smelling it right now."

Yeosang smiled and removed his hand from your eyes, bringing the second arm around your waist and quietly chuckling. He rested his head on your shoulder with his face mere centimeters from your neck. He was trying to overpower San's scent with his own.

He rested his cheek against your neck to watch the guys as they talked.

You really didn't mind because of how you were naturally a touchy-feely person, and because you felt oddly at ease with these boys. It was like you all had this one common ground and bonded over it before even meeting each other.

Mingi jokingly swooned. "Wow, you two are like mates!"

"I'm not Australian?" You said in a confused tone. San turned around and made the most obvious motion for Mingi to stop talking immediately. He put his two pointer fingers up at the side of his head and silently howled and then made an X with his arms and shook his head.

Mingi went pale. He made an O with his hands and made a constipated face. San busted out laughing and nodded.

Mingi fixed himself. "Oh, I thought you were. Y'know, the accent."

"Dumbass, I'm from the North. Two different accents," You laughed. Yeosang peeked his eyes up to steal a glance at your smile. It was perfect.

"Holy crap, 'Sang," Yunho took Yeosang's face off of your shoulder and turned it towards him, "Where'd that come from?"

You moved in his arms and ignored how his bones were pointy, too. He had a long, red gash on his cheek. It looked like the only skin left there was raw, if not bleeding. You ran your finger along it, causing him to seethe. He hadn't even noticed the burn. You looked at your finger. There was some blood gathered on the end of your finger, and you showed it to Yeosang. "You're bleeding."

He decided to heal it in private when you arrived at the camp in half an hour. "Well, I guess I can kiss it better, if that's what you're suggesting," San teased, grabbing Yeosang's shoulders and leaning over. He still hadn't buckled up from whatever the hell happened back there.

"Kiss me and I'll mate your sister," Yeosang warned. "I mean, have sex with."

San clenched his jaw and leaned back to where he was sitting. "I'll mate your friend then," He said. "I mean, have sex with." To say the least, they were passive-aggressively joking. You hoped.

"Either way, be safe if you 'mate' anyone," you joked. "Especially if it's a friend we all know."

San sat up, completely serious. "What if it's you?"

You made your eyes turn cold and held a hard stare. "Might as well be so careful that you don't even touch me." San could swear he saw the gold in your eyes. In fact, that's what he was damn sure he saw. He was confused. But when you cheekily smiled and came back from your well-put act, he saw it fade away.

"Di- did-" He sputtered quietly to Yunho, not being able to form sentences correctly.

Yunho nodded. "I did."

"San, are you okay?" Hongjoong asked while looking through the rear view mirror. He could smell the confusion from his seat.

Wooyoung shouted: "He's just preparing for the next episode of 'Life of San': Horny and Confused!"