03

Y/N's P.O.V

Since the blonde boy came to the cave Adam has been guarding us like his life is depending on it, "Adam, come back, no one will harm us," I say walking to him.

"<Go inside, it's my job, not yours!>" Adam snapped and growled at me.

"Adam," I kneel down beside him and pet him behind his ear, "I know it's your job I'm not saying it's mine, Hime is looking at you upset... She misses you beside her," I whisper and he looks at his family before walking inside.

I stand up and walk inside after him, I wrap my cloak around me before sitting on a cushion opening a book.

I feel myself being sucked into the story as my body feels warmer like two arms are being wrapped around me protectively, "I would have thought you'd decide to move on," A familiar deep and dull voice speaks then I quickly put my hood up.

I look up to see blonde hair, Meliodas, "You..." I mutter.

Adam pounces at Meliodas growling, Meliodas sidesteps making Adam miss. Adam lands and turns glaring at him growling. I quickly get up and go to Adam, kneeling down, "Shhh," I pet him and look back at Meliodas, "What do you want Sir?" I ask standing up, staying beside Adam.

"I'm just curious," Meliodas says and walks around us slowly, looking at me, "Why you left your village when you know how rare you are? What happened between you and your parents before you left? You know, questions like that," He smirked a little.

"Why do you want to know, have I got in your head, Sir?" I look at him with my icey blue eyes.

"Oh no, trust me... You'll never be in my head," Meliodas tells me.

"Is that so? Then why do you care, if I'm not?" I tilt my head a little looking at him.

"Don't question me, woman," He sneers and appears in front of me with Adam growling beside me at the man, "Answer my questions and I'll leave."

"I left my village as I had no home and no one likes my species. They wanted me to do something I didn't agree with, as I knew it would end up with death either my side or someone else," I tell him and blink, "Why do I feel like I can trust you?"

Meliodas smirks and leans forward, "What was the disagreement about?" He asks.

"Arranged marriage to someone who doesn't know what my species is," I answer.

"I see..." Meliodas nods and stands up straight. I watch as he raises his hands to my head, he takes hold of my hood and slowly removes it as I close my eyes.

I don't hear Meliodas speak for a little while, but I feel his hands still holding onto my hood. I slowly open my eyes and I look at Meliodas in the eyes. My icey blue eyes turn back to E/C as I look into his black, soulless eyes and I watch his eyes turn into emerald green. 

"Did you know that demon mages can contact their mate before they have even met?" Meliodas asks, "Why don't you contact him or her, then they can get you out of here," He steps back, his voice softer than when we met, it's like a different person almost.

"I know that," I roll my eyes, "I already have, just waiting for him," I tell him and his eyes widen a little, "What is it?"

"What did you say?" He asks.

"Between me and whoever got my message, thank you," I usher Adam into the cave and follow after him, "Please, Adam and Hime don't like you here, so I'll ask you nicely... Please leave Sir," I look back at Meliodas.

Meliodas looks at the cubs, Hime, Adam then back at me, "Since you asked me so nicely," He chuckles and walks off into the forest.

I put my hood up, "I'm off to go wash up," I tell the demon wolves before walking off into a different area of the forest that Meliodas walked off into. 

Meliodas's P.O.V

"I already have, just waiting for him," I think of her words.

"It can't be..." I stop walking and turn around to look at the cave, I see her walking in a different direction.

I see the demon wolf called Adam walking out of the cave and he looks at me, glaring. It soon starts raining and I smirk at the demon wolf, "Be a good boy and stay inside," I chuckle and walk back to the castle.

I walk into the cellar, that's before the dungeon and I walk inside, "Seer?" I call out as I look around at the dark purple room with crystal balls. 

A being in a black cloak walks out looking at me, "What can I do you for Prince?" The seer asks stopping in the middle of the room.

"I want to keep an eye on someone, I don't know what they mean just yet, but they seem to be... A being of interest," I tell the seer.

"Very well, do you have anything of the being of interest? A lock of hair perhaps?" The seer asks.

"I thought I'd need that, I couldn't get much," I say holding out two loose bites of hair to the seer, when I pushed the hood down off Y/N I got ahold of two pieces.

The seer took the pieces of hair, "Now pick," The seer gestures to a few objects, "These will help you to see this being of interest," They smirk at me.

I look at the objects: mirror; crystal ball; and chain. I look at them, "The crystal ball," I look back at the seer who nods. I watch as the seer lays the hairs on top and soon he crystal ball absorbs the hair, "All you need to do is ask the see the person and you shall," The seer held out the ball to me, "Once you've finished with it, bring it back to me and I'll cleanse it."

I nod taking the crystal ball and placing it in my pocket. I turn and leave making my way to the my bedroom.

"So, brother... Something you needed to see the seer about?" I hear Zeldris speak from behind me and I turn to see Galand with Zeldris.

"You already know Zeldris," I say before walking to my room and locking the door. 

I walk to my bed that's laid out in the middle of the room, I sit down and pull out the crystal ball, "Y/N..." I speak and watch as the clear glass turns into images before I see Y/N laid with Adam in the cave shivering.

"I'm so cold..." She says curling up against the demon wolf, "It's cold without him around... That annoying Prince."

I smirk hearing her words and notice the chill, "My mind playing tricks on me," I mutter lay back watching her.

"I know he's dangerous Adam, I will keep him away when I'm feeling better," She says I'm guessing Adam said something through their bond.

I sigh and put the crystal ball away, the image of Y/N and Adam becomes clear glass again. I look up at the ceiling and sigh laying my arm over my forehead, "A being of interest... I couldn't have thought of anything different to call her?" I close my eyes and see her face without the icey blue eyes, "Get out... I don't need a mate... I don't need anyone, I'm powerful enough without you."

"<So cold... Help me...>" I sit up quickly hearing Y/N's voice in my head.

"Bloody hell," I grumble and lay down, "I'll come to get you... When I'm ready..."